Confirmed: Skyrim will fit on ONE Xbox 360 Disc

CrzyFooL

I don't know how I feel about this. I am getting it for the PC but this still sorta affects me. This means the game might not have as much dialogue as I expected or may reuse a lot of textures. Not a huge deal but I had these delusions of grandeur of a 20 GB game or something like that.

How would a multiple disc-game on a 360 work?

very annoyingly

LA Noire is two discs, so is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. You have to swap discs like its 1997. It's annoying.

Wow... reminds me of the old time with PC gaming in the 90's...

I'm kinda pissed to hear this, since no matter what system you get it for (PC for me) it means there's a chance they've had to CUT. And I don't like that one bit. I don't mind it if all the console players have to swap discs...that's the sacrifice one can make for choosing consoles, but it's a WHOLE lot better than sacrificing quality and/or content just to fit a huge game on one freaking disc. Eff you Microsoft for choosing to go with such small discs, your "trail blazing" is messing things up royally.

I'm kinda pissed to hear this, since no matter what system you get it for (PC for me) it means there's a chance they've had to CUT. And I don't like that one bit. I don't mind it if all the console players have to swap discs...that's the sacrifice one can make for choosing consoles, but it's a WHOLE lot better than sacrificing quality and/or content just to fit a huge game on one freaking disc. Eff you Microsoft for choosing to go with such small discs, your "trail blazing" is messing things up royally.

Did they have disc swaps for oblivion and fallout 3?

I havn't used a console since my old PS2 when it was still new on the market, so I have apparently not followed the times in that area...

Did they have disc swaps for oblivion and fallout 3?

I havn't used a console since my old PS2 when it was still new on the market, so I have apparently not followed the times in that area...

I haven't done any disc-swapping ever since the days of the PS2 when playing games like Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX... but those games were more linear too compared to The Elder Scrolls, so it wasn't annoying to swap. It just took a moment.

But I don't know if they did multiple discs for previous Bethesda games. But one thing I'm sure on, Skyrim will be tons bigger than either, and I wonder how all the data will fit without making sacrifices. But I thought I heard that Bethesda may use a very expensive and advanced type of compression to make it happen?