Would you waste money on collector's edition?

ReaperLeopard

I wish I could buy the Collector's Edition. Because of it being more expensive in the UK and because I'm still at school, I can't even afford to pre-order the normal edition yet.

The statue has a small amount of value to me, but it's over priced (I bought 3 high quality, if small KOTOR figurines off of ebay for about £15 including shipping from the US) - what I'd really like is the art book, but like I said, I can't afford it. If it was the same price as the US one, I would definitely buy it, no question.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well map isnt very valuable or nessesary. "the making of" will be on the internet after a week or less. the statue is plastic.... I wont waste my money on this. i will just get the game.

At least your still supporting Beth! :D thats all thats important right?

yeah i love beth its just this isnt a good way to spend money.. still will buy the game though ofcourse.

well map isnt very valuable or nessesary. "the making of" will be on the internet after a week or less. the statue is plastic.... I wont waste my money on this. i will just get the game.

yeah i love beth its just this isnt a good way to spend money.. still will buy the game though ofcourse.

Fair enough :) Welcome to the Nexus btw! :D

These things are priceless for the real fans ;) This is not a waste of money!

So those of us who want to get in and experience the game, maybe to enhance it further with our OWN artistic endeavours, and care about that above all plastic statues and artbooks are not real fans? And those of us who are going to be pushed to buy the standard edition are not real fans either?

There are a lot of dedicated TES fans who are on a seriously tight budget. I am likely going to have to do what Ghogiel suggested and sell some existing games to finance even the standard edition. I chose to blow spare money when I had it to build the rig to play the game on. And there are many thousands like me. Doing the math, standard edition - £27.99, CE £130 - the £100 quid difference buys quite a lot of essentials.

By all means, those who want to buy the CE and have the means to do so, should do it, and I hope that they really enjoy their purchases. But please, let's not suggest that those who choose not to/cannot afford to are not real fans. Like I said, sometimes the ugly realities of life mean that there are other priorities.

Woha there lady, I was only commenting whether I thought the CE is worth the money or not. Of course everyone unfortunately doesn't have the actual money to spend on it, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't buy it if they had ;) And that's what I was referring to.

Anyways, the CE here in Sweden is 1600SEK, which equals $254 (US), 175€ or £155. So I think ours are amongst the most expensive as well :( Damn taxes! But the price still might change before release.

I didn't waste my money. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best Collector's Edition ever to hit shelves, and I'm glad I went ahead and ordered one.

I can see how it might not be worth it to some people, but the items included excite me just as much as the game does. The concept art book is one of the things I'm most excited to see, as I love concept art. The making of DVD is just as sick, I've always found those kind of things cool to watch, because you see the game from initial development and how far it came along. And the statue is so high quality that I just had to have it.

It's only "wasting money" if you don't deem it worthy of your dollars; which is a perspective thing.

If I wanted to I'd buy it, but....there's nothing in there that's worth 150 dollars to me.

The artbook, might be interesting to thumb through, I guess.

The map....where am I gonna put that? I still have the Oblivion folded up and stuffed in the game case.

That dragon, no room to stick it...and if I did it would seriously clash with everything else in my room. :tongue:

As for the game, I actually haven't even pre ordered that.....I'm sure I'll stop in and pick up a copy the day it comes out, if I'm not busy.

I've been waiting for this game since I finished Oblivion...another day or two won't kill me 8)

Fair enough :) Welcome to the Nexus btw! :D

hehe thanks dude :)

I decided already when I bought Oblivion CE long ago, that I would be getting the TES V CE no matter what.

First chance I got, I preordered 2 copies of the Skyrim CE. (One for me and one for my nephew who's birthday is in November).

I know already today that when the time comes for ordering TES VI, I'm getting the CE then as well, same for Fallout4 ofcourse when that time comes..

Expensive? Sure! Then again I do not buy as many games as most people, the last 6 years I think I only bought about 6 games. That would be:

Oblivion CE,

Quake Wars:Enemy Territory,

Oblivion GOTY,

fallout3,

Fallout3 GOTY,

Fallout New Vegas.

:rolleyes: So I do not feel like I'm wasting money getting the CE of Skyrim, I spend less money on pc games than the average gamer over time. I'm going to spend thousands of hours playing Skyrim and I'm probably not going to buy another pc game before Fallout4 CE hits the shops so to me the Skyrim CE version is a must buy.