Purpose to freeing stormcloak prisoners

Rhaskos

Even if you free Stormcloak prisoners, once you change cells, they are despawned. To get them back you have to use the "enable" command on you. It's pointless to add them as a follower through the console because they'll just despawn every time you move cells. It'd be awesome if there were a mod that added purpose to freeing these prisoners, preferably allowing me to make them into followers.

Civil War Overhaul kind of adds a purpose to it, but that mod results in a lot of crashing, and even a couple of stat boosts for freeing prisoners isn't very fun -- it doesn't feel like I'm saving actual people.

The only purpose I've seen to freeing them, is so that you can watch a saber cat kill them ten seconds later. I've given them armor and weapons, and while they'll use the weapons I've never seen one put armor on instead of rags. Nah, just run off into the wilderness in your rags, you'll be fine. I didn't like the Civil War from either side of the line, so the only ones I even mess with are the ones the Thalmor are harassing and then I only do it to pick a fight.

It might be cool to have a reason for freeing them. Some incentive, because as it stands, it's just a really good way to get a little battle practice in, and if you have an itchy sword arm, a nice bounty. I've done that a time or two. :rolleyes: