RealisticOblivion

shaneo18

so been working on this for a while now on and off but as it stands its looking pretty good :) i have compiled many character creation mods including cosmetics and race mods. also realism is highly praised hear again compiling many realistic mods and texture packs as well as brand new towns and city,s :D

character creation

an extensive creation system merging the best of the best thats out there including hairstyles/eyes/facial/cosmetics/add ons etc etc....

story

the start to this mod is mega different compared to the original a new world space was created called (earthy plane) basicly its a city with modern buildings roads cars and bikes as well npc,s after the character creation is complete you walk into the city to complete a quest or 2 for your mom when suddenly all hell breaks loose as an oblivion portal opens up from the ground throwing out waves after waves of enemies your choice hear is to run or fight do witch ever you want but athe enemies wont go away. you have to get back to your house were you find your mother being dragged thru anouther portal only this one is tamriel ;) you follow your mother thru the portal in an effert to rescue her but she is no were to be seen as you are thrown out of the sky and land head first into the imperal city were you are arrested and placed in custerdy after that some main quests appear as well as a jail break but all in all the main quest of oblivion can be played when you get out of the jail and it can be played alongside the saving your mother quest.

gameplay

gameplay is vastly changed for realism including balancing items and other realism mods out there.

new items

new items include many many more weapons including sci fi as well as any modern weapons you take in with you.

mechanics

actual sleeping in a bed as in seeing your character in bed with animations (just as what happens after the character creation and before the tutorial) forging weapons extensive character creation mixing parts of all races eg tails and ears and many many more. rpg elements increased including menu and inventory.new death system including purgatory / hell /heaven/resurrection.

release....not a clue as its still only a private mod at the moment so i can add more and more stuff such things include a pipboy from the fallout universe and the targeting system from fallout 3 (vats) but thats a couple of weeks away.

look of tamrial

mostly unchanged excpt for better citys/ clocks and texture upgrades many many texture upgrades alo changed tamriels sky to stars and planets as to add a otherworldy feel compared to the earthly plane.

at this moment in time oblivion script exstender and ovlivion mod manerger is not requied neither is SI dlc (subject to change) thank you for your intrest comments are welcome :D and sorry for the poor spelling my keyboard is in a state of disrepair at the this moment in time lol.

MY friend you started into a work that will not be released before Skyrim.

I don't want to be bad to you or anything, just saying that I'm not sure if you'll finish it.My opinion would be to make these mods into parts and release them like that and add a collective name, for example : RO - *modname*

I'm just saying Skyrim, because when it's released lots of people will go and play that, and will leave Oblivion.

Best regards,

bencebence

MY friend you started into a work that will not be released before Skyrim.

I don't want to be bad to you or anything, just saying that I'm not sure if you'll finish it.My opinion would be to make these mods into parts and release them like that and add a collective name, for example : RO - *modname*

I'm just saying Skyrim, because when it's released lots of people will go and play that, and will leave Oblivion.

Best regards,

bencebence

hmm damn you are correct there as i myself will be doing so but as stated above this is a private mod for myself atm and may get released or not depending on if its good or bad :) atm added a new mechanic were you dont have a map at the start and instead find it also there are map posts now posted thru out tamriel :D thanks for you comment tho all are appreciated :P (also just out of intrest what do you think of this concept and new gameplay mechanics ?)

It looks fun enough. If you'd think it good enough to release I think I'd give it a try :yes:

cheers man well u see its a personal mod atm so that the bugs if theres any dnt realy bother me but if it was to realesed id have to go over it with a fine tooth and comb and get rid of any inqualiteis as it stands atm a lot of the game-mechanics have been changed or altered if you like the sound of the changes tho then awsorme :D might actually be worth uploading it then i mean i only made it to inhance the emmersive experiences that oblivion already has :P

Hey come on now, just because Skyrim comes out doesn't mean Oblivion is going to die. Morrowind came out when I was seven years old and it's still alive and well!

ah cme t think about it your right there it may die down a bit but it wnt be going anywere :)

ok so its been a few days and i have been hard at work not only with this but actual work a well lol so what have i got done ?

MAP= now needs to be found rather then just given as well as having map postes thru out the world.

WEIGHT= items not only have weight but if there weapons appear on your avatars back when not in use and in inventory.

INVENTORY= streamlined as well as a complete new look and system.

ENEMIES= ;) being kept secret for now ;)

so there you have it still dont know if i will relese this but all intrest in it is much appreciated thank you :D also while im at it does anybody know how to converte the vats system from fallout 3 ? iv tried but its harder then it first seemed lol

Do anyone think this is for real? I don't. If you read shaneo18's description of what he is making, it is pretty obvious that this is just imaginary, and nothing that will be made for real.

Look at it, what he describes, is bigger and more advanced than any existing mod, heck, more more advanced than the combined mod list of most mod users. And he is supposed to do this without prior experience or with the use of OBSE. Any half experienced modder would know that even an experienced team would spend months/years on making a mod as described in the opening post.

So shaneo18, I would be very, very interested in seeing what you have by now. Even the things you describe in your last post would be extremely impressive...