Pete Hines confirms being able to turn of quest markers via twitter

tony1892

DCDeacon Pete Hines @ @RealNQD Ah. They're referring to being able to turn off quest targets (which you can do), not the compass (which you can't).

I didn't see any other threads on this so I thought I'd post this, this is good news right? I certainly think it i

Awesome man! this was mentioned in the information thread I believe! Next time just add info there and people will let ya know if its old or new! thanks for the info!

Now the question is whether they'll actually consider the no-quest-markers option and actually give you directions to places.

I despised that feature from Morrowind; felt directions were too imprecise and thus, I wasted lots of time wandering about, peeking into every door I came to...is this it? Nope, is that it? nope....grrrr

Though I understand the purists who want to be totally free with exploration...just not for me. I love that compass!

I despised that feature from Morrowind; felt directions were too imprecise and thus, I wasted lots of time wandering about, peeking into every door I came to...is this it? Nope, is that it? nope....grrrr

Though I understand the purists who want to be totally free with exploration...just not for me. I love that compass!

Still, it's better than telling you absolutely nothing like most Oblivion quests did. My worry is they'll keep the "rely entirely on quest markers to convey information about objectives" approach even if you turn off quest markers.

Still, it's better than telling you absolutely nothing like most Oblivion quests did. My worry is they'll keep the "rely entirely on quest markers to convey information about objectives" approach even if you turn off quest markers.

because nobody wants to voice act 50% of the games dialog as pure directions.

if this was text only, it would be more reasonable.

.... I for one wouldn't mind a text dialog and find the voice overs, while nice, rather hindering to a game.

How it is now, if you can't voice it in then you cant have the dialog in period, it sucks.