Looking for help from Pc Users

DoubleRubix

I know weird title but I have to imagine that most if not all of the npcs in the game are made from similar tech as the character creation. Now not having the good graces to own it for a pc I was hoping someone might be able to help me make a character specifically Layla from the "A Team of Moronic Mercs" quest. She looks really good and probably would be the best model for a Caucasian female. I don't wanna just directly copy it, but maybe use it as a base but it's so hard to tell what she completely looks like from all sides since it's so much closer on the creation menu then it is when just looking at the npc you know? Please help me!

find her in the toolset and then you can edit her face, spin it around and look closer, check the tickbox to use her as a preset,then save it, thne make sure you tick your saved file in the launcher or NVMM.

EDIT : If you don't know how to do all that here's an .esp

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9yp21s5ax2zuz7p/laylaface.esp

she's actually a caucasian raider so I had to make them playable, so just select that race in creation and she should be first female preset I think, you can make any changes you like to her in char gen.

Edited by greywaste

This site is a PC site dedicated to mods. As mods are not allowed on the consoles (thanks to MS & Sony) Very few of our members use a console. You will get much more info on a site that supports consoles.

I think what you are asking about is character generation at the beginning of the game - It may not be quite the same on a PC.

BTW, here is the link to our policy on consoles. http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/369524-console-modding-is-not-supported-here/

Oh no no no I wasn't advocating or looking for mods. But I assumed that because Npcs are from the original game they were sculpted from the Character creation system that you make character with and I thought that maybe there was sliders for Npc characters and I was looking for help because all console players just have the same response" Push randomize and hope for the best" but I was interested in making a character that looked similar to an npc. So I was hoping maybe a pc player can give me screen-shots of the sliders like for how the nose and such looks because I spent 5 hours trying and She just seems to look really bad. And I can't keep making the same looking character over and over so I was hoping to get help, but against most console players just say randomize and hope for the best.

First off try using the hispanic race, use the presets not random, then don't change the Skin texture sliders in any way at all. Try all 10 presets this will teach you what each slider does. There is a beauty ratio for the human face. I always go for anime kind of. At least the large eyes part. Wide head, large forehead, and then on tall/short forhead put it in the middle or short. Females set the brow height to 3/4 high, men to medium (much more than that an they look like they are surprised all the time. Eyes large, drop the cheekbones, and shallow the jaw 3/4 to all the way. Now you have to fix the chin that got messed up, so make it taller/shorter, go to jaw adjust retracting/jutting so the lips line up, go back to chin an see if you can adjust it more. Go to eyes an now set how wide the eyes are. The slope which I think is in Jaw will change the mouth shape a little bit, but also you would need to check the chin afterwards. You can figure out the rest of it probably.

I know weird title but I have to imagine that most if not all of the npcs in the game are made from similar tech as the character creation. Now not having the good graces to own it for a pc I was hoping someone might be able to help me make a character specifically Layla from the "A Team of Moronic Mercs" quest. She looks really good and probably would be the best model for a Caucasian female. I don't wanna just directly copy it, but maybe use it as a base but it's so hard to tell what she completely looks like from all sides since it's so much closer on the creation menu then it is when just looking at the npc you know? Please help me!

We just released a Layla companion in Jacobstown Center (see link in sig); however, Layla in the game is a female caucasian raider. Clintster had to make a custom race in order to clean up her looks after we transformed her from raider back to civilized.

EDIT: It is possible in GECK to replace the preset faces, if you were to request it at the JTC page it's possible you might get permission to use the face as a preset, or at the very least you could use face ripper just for your own personal use to convert her face.

If you wanted her original raider look, which is very pretty, you wouldn't need the big mod either, you could just use face ripper and copy it to one of the presets.

Or maybe get a modder to do that.

Edited by drakeelvin

Well yea Layla is a female raider http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Layla which is her in the link and I just thought she was really attractive. But unlike males in the game you can cover up a lot of ugly with facial hair. and I was hoping someone could help me make her without mods or just coping because I am on a console. I know it's weird to ask help on a console from pc users but console users don't even try they just blurt out the same stuff and thanks grindstone for being a little helpful but still hoping someone can get the Layla facial structure so I can maybe do a close copy because again I think she looks really pretty. I mean any Raider female looks 100 times more attractive then any girl I can make and I don't wanna keep playing as a guy! Fallout new vegas is so hard to be a girl in!