Lore race heights.

Lehcar

I've been spending so much time trying to figure out what height for each race is the most lore correct, because I'm rather a lore purist. I've been able to find almost no information about this to go by. Anyone have any thoughts?

I left Imperials at average height, made men just a wee bit taller than women. Redguards are only slightly taller than Imperials, because lore says that they are of average human height. I didn't think it made sense that Bretons were so short; I made them somewhat taller than Redguards and Imperials, which makes much more sense because many of their ancestors were Aldmeri/Altmeri (who are very tall). Nords of course are still the tallest humans, cause that makes sense.

I thought it was very weird that Bosmer males were so tiny while the females were as tall as Imperials; I couldn't find any information whatsoever to explain this, so I made the men a bit taller than they were originally and made females the same height. At the other end of the spectrum, Altmer are still of course the absolute tallest, which is 100% lore correct. As for Dark Elves... good grief, I was absolutely clueless as to how tall they should be. I took a wild guess and made them a bit taller than humans (but not nearly as tall as Nords of course), which likely makes sense because they are supposedly descended from the Chimer, who were really just a splinter faction of Altmer.

The beast races were tricky, too. Orcs of course I made a heck of a lot bulkier, because Orcs are supposed to be ridiculously muscular and strong, but I mostly left their height the same because I don't know if Orcs should be just a little tall, or very tall. Both Argonians and Khajiit were a wild guess as well; I made both races (both sexes) bulkier and quite a bit taller than humans (but shorter than Nords and Orcs).

The Daedra don't matter very much, but I decided to make the Dremora much larger, they're not as bulky as Orcs, but they are far taller than any mortal. Golden Saints and Dark Seducers I left mostly the same; their society is very matriarchal, so I guess it makes sense for the ladies to be large and in charge (though I did make their attributes far more balanced, just because the men are physically and socially subordinate doesn't mean they have to be cursed with bad luck). http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

tldr: How large or small do you think each race should be?

For your information, there's a size tweak for Orcs and Nords in the Bashed Patch settings someplace...

Might be worth a read through the readme of the Race Rebalancing Project - I have no idea whether the author tweaked heights etc, but it would fit with other stuff he did.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

I've heard it's an excellent mod, but the issue is that I had already made my own all-in-one race mod before I found out that one existed, I would love to try and do some clipping with TESedit so I could safely merge my own changes and things into it, but the problem is I'm not sure how to do that without breaking either mod. Also, from what I've seen and heard, the new faces for various NPC's aren't entirely so good.