Alien Technology Improvement

Deridor

::WARNING SPOILERS::

Alien cells are extremely rare for those who can't/don't yet own GOTY or the two add-ons that add more (though they are still rare in the long run). I Was hoping to do a quick mod to add a schematic to create alien power cells, but my scripting is extremely rusty (I've only ever done morrowind's scripting anyways...), so that plan failed. I came here to request the mod and realized how imbalanced this would be, considering the power of firelance and the alien blaster. Solution: replace the alien blaster with a nerfed or broken version, possibly a new model (reverse engineered ;)) that can be crafted as well. This allows balancing of the mod while still letting you use shiny blue alien bullets.

Heres a more to-the-point setup:

Background Additions:

-Reverse engineered alien blaster/possibly other weapons if the mod ever gets that far

-Reverse engineering of alien power cells (just a schematic really)

Ingame Additions/changes:

-Nerfed or broken alien blaster replaces original blaster at alien crash site (cannot be repaired with reverse engineered blasters)

-Reverse engineering schematics for the alien blaster at the crash site (to make this logical, perhaps they are for backup blasters in case of a crash. Won't do the poor alien any good though...)

-Difficult to get alien power cell schematic (ideas: HARD: Mirv bunker NORMAL: Somewhere in the capitol building (beyond/in the rotunda of course...) EASY: Armory outside mirv bunker (or hamilton's hideout cache). Note that the difficulties above are simply my thoughts on the acquiescence of the schematic itself, not the game's difficulty setting.

My capabilities (I'm not expecting you to do everything :P):

-Modeling possibly (since the guns would be made of spare crap anyways, slapping a model together wouldn't be too difficult even considering the editing needed to make it not look like a bunch of crap slapped together. This removes the need for entirely new textures.)

-Placement of items ingame

In hopes of attracting attention to this request, I'm going to start on the modeling and textures and hope that someone with scripting experience joins in along the way :)

so... I'd like some ideas for parts used in making the reverse engineered weapons, which will also factor into the models. For now I'm only planning on doing a rifle and a blaster but I may do more (especially if i get some good ideas for weapon types)

Also, i do not know the limitations of schematics. Can a schematic require multiples of a single item? for example 10 pieces of scrap metal rather than 1?