Imagine

kvnchrist

Because adults have learned to fear the different.

Is it fear or is it hate. From what I've seen prejudice comes out of bitter people.

I'll be the first to honestly say I'm a bitter person and I'm prejudice because of the stuff that made me bitter. At one point I was a rather cheerful person, if a bit nervous.

What I don't understand I fear ... is the truth of the matter ... the propagation of stereotypes through the media, hollywood, propaganda etc., is really to blame...

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff434/yuri-chick/ess_north_korean_129.jpg

This North Korean Anti-American poster reads, "“Do not forget the US imperialist wolves!”

This garbage is everywhere, not just in the US or Europe.

Is it fear or is it hate. From what I've seen prejudice comes out of bitter people.

Oh, but it goes so much further than that. Bitterness plays a large role, just like culture, the people who surround you, society, history and many other things does. Prejudice is ingrained into us from the earliest age we can remember. We live in a flawed world consisting of many groups of people with very different views and opinions. As ugly as it is, prejudice is as natural to us humans as hunting gazelle is to a lion.

We can try stamping it out, educating people, but prejudice will always be present somewhere. The best we can do is live our lives to the fullest and turn our backs to those who would try to do us harm.

I've posted a thread on prejudice in the debate area. I'd love to here what you have to say about that subject there. This is beginning to look like a debatable subject and I'd like to see it in the place for such things. Please don't think I don't want your opinions. They are like bread to a starving man. Thank you