Random Oblivion Crashes

Beccy

Twice now i've had this issue and im in no mood to start over again. I'm not getting a reason for the crash, only that the program has encountered an error and is going to close, this is about 50% thorugh loading any savegame.

Running a few addons i can list if you like, fully (officially) patched vanilla oblivion.

Any thoughts on a possible cause for this?

Please list your mods and utility add-ons, the former in loading order. Also: are you using Win7? And how much RAM have you got?

I've no idea what a utility addon is :S so i'll just list all the addons im using in their OBMM load order :

Oblivion.esm

Cobl Main.esm

EM_RedRoseManor.Esp

Cosmetic Compilation - No Jpeepers or NPC Changes.esp

Cosmetic Compilation.esp

Nightshade_Armor.Esp

Cobl Glue.esp

Coble Tweaks.Esp

Basic Primary Needs.esp

Trade and Commerce.esp

Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

In that order obviously, I'm running Windows Vista 32bit, 3.00Ghz CPU, and 3GB Memory, The game has loaded and played fine untill this point (different points ingame) twice but roughly the same amount of time played (around four hours) and then all the saves specific to that character are 'Corrupted' and wont load. its the same standard windows error message anytime i try to load any of the two saves i've made, or the autosave which is about an hour behind in gameplay,

I can start a new game fine, with no errors or anything, but even from within the loaded game, i cant load my saves.

(hope this block of text helps :S)

*Edit*

Tried renaming the save files (changing the number of thefile only) but that hasnt made a difference either, it still stops loading in the same way.

Second edit, some Google search shows people with the same issue having problems with recently installed addons, however none of my addons are "Recent", they've all been installed for some time, but i will try and disable the last two i added and see if that helps.

Third edit. After disabling all the addons, and trying to load it worked, and i was able to get into the game again.however, turning them back on seems to have stopped oblivion working at all :S I'll restart my PC and try again.

Edited by Beccy

Please list your mods and utility add-ons, the former in loading order. Also: are you using Win7? And how much RAM have you got?

I've no idea what a utility addon is :S so i'll just list all the addons im using in their OBMM load order :

Oblivion.esm

Cobl Main.esm

EM_RedRoseManor.Esp

Cosmetic Compilation - No Jpeepers or NPC Changes.esp

Cosmetic Compilation.esp

Nightshade_Armor.Esp

Cobl Glue.esp

Coble Tweaks.Esp

Basic Primary Needs.esp

Trade and Commerce.esp

Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

In that order obviously, I'm running Windows Vista 32bit, 3.00Ghz CPU, and 3GB Memory, The game has loaded and played fine untill this point (different points ingame) twice but roughly the same amount of time played (around four hours) and then all the saves specific to that character are 'Corrupted' and wont load. its the same standard windows error message anytime i try to load any of the two saves i've made, or the autosave which is about an hour behind in gameplay,

I can start a new game fine, with no errors or anything, but even from within the loaded game, i cant load my saves.

(hope this block of text helps :S)

*Edit*

Tried renaming the save files (changing the number of thefile only) but that hasnt made a difference either, it still stops loading in the same way.

Second edit, some Google search shows people with the same issue having problems with recently installed addons, however none of my addons are "Recent", they've all been installed for some time, but i will try and disable the last two i added and see if that helps.

Third edit. After disabling all the addons, and trying to load it worked, and i was able to get into the game again.however, turning them back on seems to have stopped oblivion working at all :S I'll restart my PC and try again.

RESULT! After much testing, im closer to an answer now, ironically opening the console at the wrong time might have shown me what the issue was here, I was getting a lot of scripting errors from one of the addons (Better Primary Needs) and after disabling BPN and loading a slightly older (before the scripting errors started) save i was able to get back into the game. now just to find out what was up with the script....

Glad to hear it. :) By utilities, though, I meant such programs as OBSE, OBGE, Fast Exit, etc, that don't load as mods in the game, but are still added by the player and affect it.

Ah Righto, erm only OBSE i think (unless non .ESP textures and stuff count). I've sent a PM to the Author of BNP to see if i can get some help with the leaky script, and currently disabled BNP and it seems to be working perfectly now, so im guessing that script was the hidden cause.

Edited by Beccy

Glad to hear it. :) By utilities, though, I meant such programs as OBSE, OBGE, Fast Exit, etc, that don't load as mods in the game, but are still added by the player and affect it.

Ah Righto, erm only OBSE i think (unless non .ESP textures and stuff count). I've sent a PM to the Author of BNP to see if i can get some help with the leaky script, and currently disabled BNP and it seems to be working perfectly now, so im guessing that script was the hidden cause.

Just though I would mention I haven't received any PM from you. Anyway, I'll PM you instead, heh. It might have been a shivering isles dependency though (XPBlood was checked without making sure shivering isles was installed), which was removed in the latest update (v5.0).

Edited by Maskar