Nocturnal vs Diurnal Creatures

beemer031

One thing I haven't seen yet is a mod to have different creatures/animals at night vs day. I would expect there to be more predators at night vs the day, making night significantly more dangerous to travel. The wolves were a nice touch in Far Harbor. I would also like to see a mountain lion, fast, stealth, able leap huge distances to attack. It would add a whole new twist if an irradiated mountain lion was stalking you. Having different animals/creatures active during different times of the day would give a whole new look and feel to the game. It also allows for whole new categories of animals without breaking immersion. Mutated bats might a cool option. I am not sure about the rest of you, but I get tired of killing the same things over and over. I never worry about travelling at night vs the day, or where I am travelling. It would be cool to have to plan out my trips based on time of day and where I had to go....

I've been thinking about this as well.

Some nocturnal animals I was considering besides bats were also mutated owls, opossums, and lightning bugs.

In terms of new diurnal animals, I was considering mutated swine (tentatively named Hogzillas), wild turkeys that have had dormant genes activated through radiation giving them some dinosaur-like features, and a mutated four-horned goat. Not quite sure that my 3D modeling skills are up to snuff to actually MAKE them, but I'll probably give it a shot at some point.

• 1 month later...

Mutated boar, coon, pack animals etc be great. Maybe if lightning bugs keep them none hostile but if to close you get a electrical shock? make a neat light source too. More swimming or creatures near the water like beaver or snakes. Centipedes replaces ants at night, snapping turtles etc.