writers gather up for a TES books mod?

MoonSweets

Hi everybody,

To wait for Skyrim I've been writing a bit, coming up with few ES stories, translating older ones... and formating them like ingame TES books for the sole pleasure of feeling like reading ingame. Of course I'd like to make those books actual TES books when Skyrim is released, I'm already saving some textures to make some neat books quickly... but I thought it would be nice to make a collective mod with other books written by other fans in way to get more books produced at once =)

Authors will be credited in the mod's description, but still credited to know who wrote what. It seems fair and logic to me but I guess it's better to say it.

[update:] I hadn't thought it would be worth adding this but the book MUST be ORIGINAL. I mean you must be the author of the book, copying any other book and replacing the names of the characters/locations/etc. is just wrong and will not be accepted. I've read many TES books, I remember most of them well enough to retrieve them quickly, I'm not so easy to fool. (Yes, someone tried)

It's also better to make sure your book fits the lore to avoid breaking the immersion. Idealy the players shouldn't be able to state that the book they read is from the mod apart the fact they have never seen this book before.

Here you can find the books I've already written.

If someone's interested to participate in a way or another, raise your hand! =D

And if you happen to find some mistake in one of my texts don't hesitate to tell me (rather in PM to avoid flood), English isn't my native language and though I really did my best to avoid mistakes maybe there's some I haven't seen...

Edited by MoonSweets

Apparently I didn't read the OP very well and my post was kinda unrelated, my bad haha Edited by natelovesyou

I'd say as many words as needed to make it good, no more, no less^^

Still I'd keep it under the equivalent of 4 pages since it will already make a quite long book (1 page makes about 10 pages after formatting). If your story is longer than this, you should probably divide it into several books/chapters to make the reading easier.

If you need some tips to create a story you may check this writing tutorial (creativity / theory).

If you're enthusiast at the idea of making you own cover you can find some neat old books textures here:

lost and taken

bittbox.com

texture lovers

Edited by MoonSweets

I wrote a tes book and added it into oblivion.

But it was rude....

@TheMysteriousTraveler: I guess it will need some formating and indeed it was kinda pissing to deal with it in Morrowind and Oblivion... I hope it will be improved with the Creation Kit though I don't rely on it... But don't hesitate to link or PM your book if you'd like to incorporate it in the mod :)

@frakle: the link of Var Var Var II wasn't complete, duh! but now it's fixed! Thank you for commenting, that's very kind and appreciated =)

If you like the part about Telvanni's appetites I've planned another book by the same author relating the missing part of the conversation and detailing a little more about cooking and slavery, Telvanni style (weirdnes...).