Interface mods

dangle

Can i ask what people's opinions on Phinix Immersive DarkUI is?

i have just downloaded it and it looks okay, but i haven't really had a chance to try it out as my computer broke shortly afterwards...

(NOT because of the mod :))

Can i ask what people's opinions on Phinix Immersive DarkUI is?

i have just downloaded it and it looks okay, but i haven't really had a chance to try it out as my computer broke shortly afterwards...

(NOT because of the mod :))

BTMod was the big one that started the whole UI craze. I think currently (judging from the forum messages, anyway) the most popular seems to be DarkUI DarNified. Seems great if your monitor can handle the resolution settings because the fonts and the HUD (the compass and the stuff around it) becomes teeny tiny and can be difficult to read otherwise!!!

I've only been playing for about 2 months and tried quite a few UI mods, but I'm using BTMod along with Immersive Interface (still makes the HUD tiny, but at least I can still read the books and messages) due my monitor restrictions. Currently trying to mix and match a few together because the coloured local map on the DarNified UI looks really cool (the OMOD file, the standard compressed version doesn't seem to have the coloured map!?!?), but really struggling and has frustrated me enough that I've had to re-install, so be warned if you go for this approach.

righteo, cheers

i tried BTMod and there was a lot to like about it and i prefer Phinix's one, he has picked the best bits of Immersive Interface, BTMod and Dark UI. But i have been warned to get his update if i want to use SI or OOO (which i do)

they are all a bit funny to install though, i'm sure i'll survive.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the immersive interface personally because I want the least amount of distraction possible. I've also added the mod for making the map wider for my 1680x1050 monitor, but I forget which one I'm using... basically it added the xml files for interface layoutl and I kept tweaking that until I liked it.

You can see my preferred core interface (what there is of it) in Rhianna's screen shots linked through my signature.

-Jumonji

Archived