What Platform?

MizerD

92 members have voted

1. 1. What platform will you be getting SKYRIM on?

Do any you PC players find it hard to play with a mouse and keyboard? I'm just curious because I want to....but I'm too used to a controller.

Depends which game really. Something like Assassin's Creed is easier to play with a controller than keyboard but games where you have to point and shoot (like ME or Dead Space, RE) those are better with keyboard and mouse. I prefer it that way I've only really used my controller for 3 games I have (Fable 3, AC, and DMC4), but I stick to keyboard and mouse the majority.

Edited by SynysterShadows1213

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any you PC players find it hard to play with a mouse and keyboard? I'm just curious because I want to....but I'm too used to a controller.

Depends which game really. Something like Assassin's Creed is easier to play with a controller than keyboard but games where you have to point and shoot (like ME or Dead Space, RE) those are better with keyboard and mouse. I prefer it that way I've only really used my controller for 3 games I have (Fable 3, AC, and DMC4), but I stick to keyboard and mouse the majority.

Say Oblivion for imstance, was that easy or hard to play for you? And considering Skyrim as well.

I've said in my other similar threads, I'll be buying it for xbox 360 on release day. Play it how it was intended. Then when I've exhausted the game for all that it is, when I'm no longer interested in finishing the storyline again(there is always 6 months later and a year later like I always do, enjoy a game like it's new again). I'll buy it for PC and mod it to make it more to my liking. Use other mods and enjoy what others have poured their effort into. Edited by SHIROryuu

Erm... judging by the way this discussion is going I may be throwing lamp oil on your fireball (note the Magicka inspired pun there... anyone?), but definitely on the PC for the mods and the keyboard+mouse set-up (the way it should be IMO) but if I start hankering after console like crappy controls I'll just sync my PS3 pad to the pc via USB if Skyrim supports that variant of controller set-up.

and just to add a smidge of off topic flavour... RealSwords mod in Skyrim, anyone?

Erm... judging by the way this discussion is going I may be throwing lamp oil on your fireball (note the Magicka inspired pun there... anyone?), but definitely on the PC for the mods and the keyboard+mouse set-up (the way it should be IMO) but if I start hankering after console like crappy controls I'll just sync my PS3 pad to the pc via USB if Skyrim supports that variant of controller set-up.

Sorry for not having big hands lol. I prefer the controller simply because I don't have to reach around.My keyboard is built for comfort when typing not gaming sadly. So reaching is annoying at best. I like mouse controls for aiming but you can't have your cake and eat it too...

Sorry for not having big hands lol. I prefer the controller simply because I don't have to reach around.My keyboard is built for comfort when typing not gaming sadly. So reaching is annoying at best. I like mouse controls for aiming but you can't have your cake and eat it too...

Fragenstein controller... known as having your cake then promptly eating it... :thumbsup:

Quick link

I have a few reasons I like controls on the 360 Pad more than key/mouse combo .. wasd keys are not sensitive to pressure and I like that delicate touch of a thumbstick .. might as well use a Dpad .. my wrist doesn't like moving the mouse around to move the cam .. the slowed down pad response makes the framerate look smoother since the cam doesn't jerk around so much .. I feel more connected to my character controlling them with my thumbs than I do with my right wrist and left index,middlering fingers on the wasd keys .. a lot less effort .. also each game on the PC uses way different key setups and q,e,r,f,z,c,v are always up in the air .. it annoying to get use to it for every game .. my pad is much more simple ... that all said .. I still use my PC over my 360 .. I just hope Skyrim has full gamepad support for the 360 remote.