unable to locate 'Chinese Officer Cap'

Sheenariel

Hello @all

I started a new game du to constant experiments with mods within my old game and now ran into something that i not observed within the old game: Some people have the missing item-marker around their heads

For some i could clearly pin it down to the 'chinese officer cap' though i was unable to locate any mod which includes this piece of equipment and looking through GECK for any Chinese objects produced some like the officer sword or the stealth armor. Even looking for the ObjectID 160820b9 which i could produce through a mod brought nothing up.

Right now it is just an annoyance on some mercs with traveling merchants and some powder gangers but i would like to get rid of it.

Use the groovatron to access NPC's inventory when you see them with a big red ! blucko mark.

The ! means the mesh is missing, since you know what item, you should unpack that mesh from the .bsa if it's a vanilla item.

Then also you could load the entire load order with FNV/FO3 edit, then find that hat, an see which mods are changing it.

I say that because some people missspell the name of the mesh or path, which should match exactly, case too.

Okay, thanks to FNVEdit i know which files are included for this particular item <i found another one though>but have no idea where to get them, respectively how to extract them.

The odd thing is, the other item is something i know worked definitely... it's the trooper helmet without googles, while the one with googles seem to work without any issues.

I have the feeling, one of the mods i had removed prior to the restart of the game, removed some important files along with deactivating it through FOMM as it had manipulated something most likely...

Anyway... no reinstall today, the game is just to big for my smartphone to download it through that way.

Btw., thanks to Lings i knew what the symbols mean as they were very annoying until i read the readme and put 1 and 1 together ^^

Until now, Lings was the only mod that had ever caused me the issue with missing meshes as far as i can remember.

You don't have to re-install... You're smarter than that. Geez just delete the stuff you installed, meshes textures .esm .esp It's not like mods change the windows registry an now the only way to remove them is to un-install. It's drunktarded... lol, even if you delete something important, you can just use steam to check the install. I don't even go that far, I keep the stuff I download an install, so I don't have to download it again. Then if I want to un-install I just open that mod's rar again, look at what is in it, then remove those parts from my data folder. Set the load order, start a new game.

You don't have to re-install... You're smarter than that. Geez just delete the stuff you installed, meshes textures .esm .esp It's not like mods change the windows registry an now the only way to remove them is to un-install. It's drunktarded... lol, even if you delete something important, you can just use steam to check the install. I don't even go that far, I keep the stuff I download an install, so I don't have to download it again. Then if I want to un-install I just open that mod's rar again, look at what is in it, then remove those parts from my data folder. Set the load order, start a new game.

Sure i am smarter then that, but even deactivating all kind of mods i have did not work ^^

And the only one with the reference to that item were i got aware of it, does not fix it either.

For checking with steam... i already did it and all it found were some files i needed to replace to change the bloody crapped german version to an uncut so i could use NVSE...

sure the mods do not mess with the registry, but after starting the game all over again and again... is more tiresome then making a clean install if i can not locate any of the files mentioned within NVEdit

Well now that you have learned your lesson, you can keep your "experiments" in a control group of installing mods one at a time.

Then when you find out just how stupid that mod is, all you need do is look at the .rar to find which content you need to delete.

**Yawn** Open Steam: Click Steam in the top left> Click Backup and Restore Games. Simplicity, much better than DL'ing again, or having to recover files, or whatever else you need fix up yer game. This is my personal opinion, however, everyone is each to their own.