Just a little something I 'nutted' out

LeopoldCrank

Playing Morrowind today (as you do) and I was re-reading the Special Alchemical Ingredients from Tamriel (title is something like that) and I was reminded of the Ironwod Nut, which was in there. Supposed to be as hard as iron, but if you break it open it delivers a huge strength bonus.

If this was in, how would you go about putting it in? Would you make it just a normal alchemy ingredient, or as it is a special rare ingredient native to Skyrim, would you make it harder to utilise (particularly with the 'hard as iron' thing). It wouldeven be interesting if it became Nirnroot 2.0, and had a quest attached to it so that you could obtain its benefits. Or perhaps you need to be a certain strength so as to break it open?

I realise that this is incredibly unlikely, and given how much attention Bethesda doesn't pay to its own lore, I doubt the nut will be in at all. I just was musing about it today, and thought I'd throw it out there.

P.S. If they aren't in, I'm making a mod :D

P.P.S. Anyone notice the pun in the title :hurr:

Haha nice title ;) well I think that would make quite an interesting mod I'm already thinking of loads of things that could be done with it. I like it. I don't think if it's in the game it'll be native to skyrim.

Haha nice title ;) well I think that would make quite an interesting mod I'm already thinking of loads of things that could be done with it. I like it. I don't think if it's in the game it'll be native to skyrim.

The book says it is native to Skyrim. Sorry, bad grammar on my part.

And I'm glad someone likes my cr@ppy titles :P

So it's an in-game book? I totally agree though, Bethesda is quite bad at following their own lore :/ Kinda frustrating, really. I hope there's lots of cool ingredients...and correct ones. Like ironwood. And it would be cool if there was more to potion making than just stat or skill effects... maybe you could make explosive potions, or a potion that paralyzes if poured onto a weapon, etc...a dynamic potion system.

So it's an in-game book? I totally agree though, Bethesda is quite bad at following their own lore :/ Kinda frustrating, really. I hope there's lots of cool ingredients...and correct ones. Like ironwood. And it would be cool if there was more to potion making than just stat or skill effects... maybe you could make explosive potions, or a potion that paralyzes if poured onto a weapon, etc...a dynamic potion system.

Didn't Oblivion have paralyzing poisons? Either way, explosive potions would be boss. As would this elusive nut we're talking about.

I've been replaying Morrowind with the sound and graphics overhaul as of late, and this kind of reminds me of the Scrolls of Icarian Flight...overkill!

Didn't Oblivion have paralyzing poisons? Either way, explosive potions would be boss. As would this elusive nut we're talking about.

I've been replaying Morrowind with the sound and graphics overhaul as of late, and this kind of reminds me of the Scrolls of Icarian Flight...overkill!

Now that you mention it, I don't really know or recall if Oblivion has such a poison. The potion system was sorta weak I felt, anyway. Not very dynamic.

Now that you mention it, I don't really know or recall if Oblivion has such a poison. The potion system was sorta weak I felt, anyway. Not very dynamic.

That may have been Nehrim...I haven't played vanilla Oblivion in forever.

Agreed about the potion system, though. I have high hopes that there are some wicked cool perks for Alchemy! I am genuinely excited about this "trial and error" feel they're going for with it.

I went and double checked - it's a book called "Special Flora of Tamriel". I got it in Balmora somewhere, I think it was in the Mages' guild, either from a vendor or it was given to me. Sad that I can't remember where I found it despite getting it just last night)

I was grossly curious about the title and couldn't help but finding out what you nutted out.

I remember reading about these from somewhere in one of the games. They were in Oblivion, though-http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Ironwood_Nut

It's funny, because they have disregarded their own lore in so many ways here:

1. They are endemic to Skyrim, unless their was a massive relocation project between 427 and 433

2. They are supposed to be as hard as iron

3. The book says that they provide a huge bonus to strength, and yet the bonuses these ones provide are Restore Intelligence, Resist Fire, Damage Fatigue and Fortify Health

Ah well, it is Bethesda after all :rolleyes: