Hitman Absolution

lostone1993

Just so you know, I am a big hitman fan played from codname:47 to blood money

I’ve noticed some worrying signs about this new game

First of all they changed from an open world game to an open corridor game, which sounds linear

You go in the general direction the game dev want not take your own approach

Second they have introduced lots of check point. So you can’t fail a mission just because you stuffed one thing up

This sounds bad for me, the length of a hitman game comes from pulling off a mission perfectly and managing to get the silent Assassin rank for that mission

Third thing is all the destruction

I understand the ripping wire out of a wall to choke someone or using a stature to kill someone looks cool. But if I may say so it doesn’t fit with his style. He doesn’t want anyone to know he was there

And the last is the game is being made cinematic

I don’t play hitman for the story really, never found the story compelling. But for a game to be cinematic you have to have a story and it has to be full of action another strike I think

These all build up to a worrying picture of a game made for masses rather then following its roots

Openness is a must have in a Hitman game. All the charm in executing a perfect assassination is lost if the game simply railroads you to your objective through a series of corridors, instead of presenting the player with a fairly open world that allows the player to choose between multiple possible paths and methods to accomplish the mission. The story was never the strong point of any of the games in the Hitman series, why IO should focus on it now all of a sudden is beyond me.