Covenant Plasma Rifle

crippknottick

So I found a Covenant Plasma Rifle in the Fallout nexus. I do not have FO3 or NV, but I have Oblivion and I have the Elite armors from the Oblivion Spartan Project mod from TESNexus.

I'm looking to convert the plasma rifle (compatible with FO) to work as a staff in Oblivion. How do I do this? I've tried searching but vaguely finding any answers. I tried converting myself but only end up with the construction set crashing.

I understand 100% clear that I cannot under any circumstances convert Fallout files into Oblivion files and vise versa for legal reasons. However, the plasma rifle is a fan made model and I only want to convert it for my own personal pleasure of burning mud crabs and trolls in the wilderness of Tamriel.

Can somebody help me convert the plasma rifle into a compatible weapon in Oblivion? (ie: a staff)

I have NifSkope and Blender to work with.

Edited by crippknottick

After pulling all my hair out I managed to get the Plasma Rifle to no longer crash the construction set! YES! Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure as to exactly what I did except try to copy every piece of data off of a default staff .nif model using nifskope. I had plenty of errors and modified so many things. I'm sorry for not documenting it. :(

OK I have it showing up in the game, even holstered on my back just like a staff. But it doesn't equip. The player goes into a frenzy loop of trying to grab the weapon but never achieving. Tell me a little something about weapon. Is there some kind of node or bone to align the weapon with the hand in Blender?