Dissapointed?

Fatalmasterpiece

NPC behaviour doesn't necessarily require a lot of CPU-intensive realtime AI calculation, why can't you guys understand that? Much can be accomplished by simple behaviour rules, such as "if AI character spots dead ally -> raise alarm and begin searching for non-allies".

It's not patching any single behavior that's the problem, it's patching *all of them*. You can't possibly hard-code every interaction to iron out the NPC stupidities and behavioral exploits. You just arbitrarily choose one point and stop patching there. Bethesda just chose their point way, way too early.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not being whiny, I'm being serious. I love Bethesda and their work, but their mistakes seem to repeat themselves while they basically just improve the environments and the graphics. I will love every second of Skyrim, but these are the things I noticed. Everyone will notice things they don't like, whether they know it or not, they do. When you see a new trailer from Skyrim, the first things you notice are the bugs/things you know could have been better.

I honestly don't think the AI is that much improved from Oblivion, maybe the dialogues. If you see the guy just standing there after his friend was shot, you clearly see that it was the work of the makers of Oblivion, when you see that NPC (bandit?) in the cave, rushing towards you and just starts swinging his massive weapon at you without any questions or explanations, you will (once) again notice that it's the work of the makers of Oblivion, when you see rain falling through solid 10 inch stone roof, you know for the third time that Bethesda made that game.

Basically, all of the finishing moves are twitchy and literally really off. Example is the nosy git in the spider web, when he runs away and the player stabs him, he speeds up to him out of thin air due to the finishing animation, which by the way is twitchy. When the player's killing the wolves in the beginning, you see that the animation of his knee-kick also is rather twitchy.

THIS

I love Bethesda and thier games but these issues haven't been fixed for 10 years.