Skyrim Xbox?

Crazylatino25

PC's you have to upgrade every 2 or so years if you want to play a game with good settings from that year. Even when you buy a new one, it'll last for some 10 years at least if you keep it in a ventilated area with enough air flow. I still have my Game Cube from the first day it came out. It works perfectly fine. I even have my PS2 from the month or two after it came out. That works great too. I can't say the same about my dad's Atari though :P

EDIT: By upgrading, I mean hardware wise. New systems, yes.

2 years? My last computer lasted about 5 years before I decided to upgrade... and by that time it was still able to run the newest games on medium settings. I got that computer as a present though, so I'm not sure about the prize, but I still doubt it could have been that expensive knowing my family :P

Edited by amycus

PC's you have to upgrade every 2 or so years if you want to play a game with good settings from that year. Even when you buy a new one, it'll last for some 10 years at least if you keep it in a ventilated area with enough air flow. I still have my Game Cube from the first day it came out. It works perfectly fine. I even have my PS2 from the month or two after it came out. That works great too. I can't say the same about my dad's Atari though :P

EDIT: By upgrading, I mean hardware wise. New systems, yes.

2 years? My last computer lasted about 5 years before I decided to upgrade... and by that time it was still able to run the newest games on medium settings. I got that computer as a present though, so I'm not sure about the prize, but I still doubt it could have been that expensive knowing my family :P

I did say maybe longer than two years a few posts ago :P

What, is it odd for me to point out the strangeness in the fact that people come to a PC modding community, which doesn't even support modding consoles, and start discussions about which console they should buy/upgrade to play a game we are all eagerly awaiting to run and mod on PC? :whistling:

If someone wants to discuss console TES gaming here, good for them, but don't expect someone to not facepalm like I just brought up the merits of Islam on the 700 club's discussion board.

Yes, it is odd. People play on various consoles for various reasons. This community isn't exclusively here for modding, it's here to discuss games as well. If you can't conduct yourself in a civilized manner, rather stay out of the thread. This person wouldn't ask questions about buying the game on console if he wasn't aware that it can't be modded on console. I'm planning on getting the game on PC and I'm also not planning on modding it, just like I didn't mod Fallout 3 or NV, Dragon Age or The Witcher. Just because someone can't mod something on his platform of choice doesn't mean you can come in the thread and be rude about it.

As to the which is cheaper in the long run, PC vs Xbox, it was already discussed many times before... it will probally be brought up many times more so long as people keep insisting false statements. Those with at least some truth behind what they say will keep retorting with facts and experience,... they arn't really to blame other than it's apparently a wasted effort.

The solution? Everybody just drop it, if someone wants to waste money and do things the expensive way; let them.

*sigh* Not gonna happen tho. And the griping about asking to stop it doesn't help much either, it'll just start up again.

I agree Fatalmasterpiece and Halororor, Xbox users are more than welcome here, as strange as it is they would come.

Stranger still the arguements it brings...

Yeah, I admit that me trying to tell people to stop the console war has just incited it further, I'm just tired of not being able to go to a single forum where people aren't going 'lolconsole', simply because they don't like that people like stuff they don't. It's all down to this horrible mentality that some people don't like something, and those people expect that no one else is allowed to like it either. The fact that someone plays a game on an Xbox shouldn't affect a PC gamer at all. If what someone else does with their time and money affects them to the point where they feel the need to be rude about it, they should probably go get some professional help, because then consoles are the least of his worries.

I sure as hell would by a new 360 if they put Skyrim inspired 360's up for sell. XD

What, is it odd for me to point out the strangeness in the fact that people come to a PC modding community, which doesn't even support modding consoles, and start discussions about which console they should buy/upgrade to play a game we are all eagerly awaiting to run and mod on PC? :whistling:

If someone wants to discuss console TES gaming here, good for them, but don't expect someone to not facepalm like I just brought up the merits of Islam on the 700 club's discussion board.

Yes, it is odd. People play on various consoles for various reasons. This community isn't exclusively here for modding, it's here to discuss games as well. If you can't conduct yourself in a civilized manner, rather stay out of the thread. This person wouldn't ask questions about buying the game on console if he wasn't aware that it can't be modded on console. I'm planning on getting the game on PC and I'm also not planning on modding it, just like I didn't mod Fallout 3 or NV, Dragon Age or The Witcher. Just because someone can't mod something on his platform of choice doesn't mean you can come in the thread and be rude about it.

Last time I checked, facepalming wasn't uncivilized, but I'll get back to you after I'm done eating my own feces and digging bugs out of my hair.

Would be cool to see some custom skyrim xboxs or pc mods though.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

Last time I checked, facepalming wasn't uncivilized, but I'll get back to you after I'm done eating my own feces and digging bugs out of my hair.

Would be cool to see some custom skyrim xboxs or pc mods though.

nice. :)

For Halororor tho, I would like to comment that it isn't so much as to one side disliking one thing and thinking no one else should. But rather a combination of many reasons.

I for one can't stand anyone stating bull on rather an xbox or a PC is cheaper. It is plainly obvious to anyone who has owned both(and even some who havent and simply look up some simple facts), as to which comes out on top in the long run. And only a few 'lucky' ones can say otherwise.

I mean, if you 'have' to use one system or another; for WHATEVER reason,.. that doesn't excuse a person to paint it up to be better than it is... I have seen many of these auguements stem from a person who can only use one or the other and is speaking out their behind side.

A small disagreement over something like that could then lead into a much bigger "who's weener is bigger" contest. *rolls eyes*

Edited by El`derina