Rightys/Lefties

El`derina

Okay,.. so from my understanding, the right mouse button controls the right hand, and the left button controls the left hand....

This means, my left button(the one a right handed person uses most and his main button) will control the left hand on the character...

does this confuse anyone else? My character would be right handed, because thats what im used to, and because im right handed... but because my combat is easier handled by using the left button mainly, my character would have to be left handed (also to avoid confusion, left button should be left hand even if that breaks the norm for player controls)

part of the problem may be I have never played a game that gave control of both hands.

Now.... what if I set my mouse to be a lefty mouse and just played with my right hand still... now I would be using the left mouse button for my right hand on the character. And that would solve my problem... but it would still be messed up if you know what I mean... gah.

This problem doesnt even exist on a xbox controller I guess.

That's why I like to play games on the 360, besides I'm used to controllers.

I mainly play on Xbox but that doesn't mean I won't be getting the PC version as well. The console versions are always smoother than my PC, but the PC version is always better, especially with how easy it is to mod and how much modding adds to the game. I'll probably get Skyrim for my PC in the summer of 2012, when my schedule is work sleep work sleep. Then it'll be work Skyrim work Skyrim.

PS: You know you're excited for a game when autocorrect on your iPhone automatically capitalizes Skyrim for you.

We'll see how the controls work on PC. I'm that type of gamer who always remap almost every single button to match my oldschool key-setup :D In Oblivion I had "Block" on my closest thumb-button on the mouse, and "cast spell" on the far thumb-button, while "attack" was traditionally on left mouse button and "jump" on the right (As always). In Skyrim I'll probably have "right attack" on the left mouse-button, and "left attack/block/spell" on the closest thumb-button. That would atleast make left/right correct for my part, and I'm very used to use those two buttons for weapons in games. Edited by Mr. Bravo

I would imagine that you can change the settings to your liking (PC). Bethesda wanted Skyrim to be more realistic, but I think they will have an option to change that b/c let's face it, most of use the RMB for blocking and sorts and LMB for attacks. You could always use a controller as well I suppose, but I usually use the keyboard and mouse depending on the game, Elder Scrolls is to me a keyboard mouse if you're playing it for PC.

Either that or maybe we can choose which hand to equip weapons and shields. If you can choose to use dual blades that means attacking with both mouse buttons so that could be a solution. So really it's just the darn shield, but either you can change the controls or choose which hand to equip what.

Edited by SynysterShadows1213

I would imagine that you can change the settings to your liking (PC). Bethesda wanted Skyrim to be more realistic, but I think they will have an option to change that b/c let's face it, most of use the RMB for blocking and sorts and LMB for attacks. You could always use a controller as well I suppose, but I usually use the keyboard and mouse depending on the game, Elder Scrolls is to me a keyboard mouse if you're playing it for PC.

Either that or maybe we can choose which hand to equip weapons and shields. If you can choose to use dual blades that means attacking with both mouse buttons so that could be a solution. So really it's just the darn shield, but either you can change the controls or choose which hand to equip what.

well... we already know we can equip stuff where'ever... at least I am pretty sure they have already said that.

So equiping a sword in my left hand and using a shield(spell) in the right is definately an option, and I may do just that...

but it is odd... I am a right handed person, and my character can only be viewed and played in a way I fully understand if the character is also right handed. -At least until I get used to it.

(example,... if I use right button primarily, keeping my character right handed and not changing controls,. I can only press the button 5 times before it 'starts' to get difficult. While the left button can be pressed all day long- and I can't use the right button primarily thru an entire game session, my finger just won't last that long)

The main point of this thread tho was to ask who else thought this would be wierd and odd to control, if even for a little bit.

well... we already know we can equip stuff where'ever... at least I am pretty sure they have already said that.

So equiping a sword in my left hand and using a shield(spell) in the right is definately an option, and I may do just that...

but it is odd... I am a right handed person, and my character can only be viewed and played in a way I fully understand if the character is also right handed. -At least until I get used to it.

(example,... if I use right button primarily, keeping my character right handed and not changing controls,. I can only press the button 5 times before it 'starts' to get difficult. While the left button can be pressed all day long- and I can't use the right button primarily thru an entire game session, my finger just won't last that long)

The main point of this thread tho was to ask who else thought this would be wierd and odd to control, if even for a little bit.

Well seeing as my middle finger is weaker than my index yea I believe I would have a problem....I guess I better get back to playing the piano and strengthening them for the next 2 months lol

Yea i'd have a problem, it's not getting use to the controls it's just that since the index finger is used the most for a keyboard mouse game, it's hard to start playing and using your other finger. LOL you could always flip your mouse upside down and then you just have to remember that down is up and left is right XD