Magic System

Jasper23

In the video that chikawowwow posted, you clearly see fire has 3 spells, ice has 3 and lightning has 2(out of a possible 3) So that makes 9 for destruction, just out of current speculation. It's going to be hard to tell which school will have the majority of the "80" spells. It's fairly certain it won't be equal pairing.

Ah man I hope it's 80 effects not spells. Was really looking forward to new interesting ones like that clairvoyance.

To prevent any mental trauma I will use the next 54days 3hours 46 mins to prepare myself for only 80 spells.......

I got the impression that each spell could be used in 3 different ways. (More realistic)

However, after seeing the E3 video where the character learns "Fireball" I think it's safe to say that the spells are all separate and are more than likely included in the 80+ spells count. A game with 80 different individual effects would be overkill.

I'm very happy about what I heard about the magic system in Skyrim. In Oblivion since it's not like Skyrims where you put a spell in one hand, I felt like magic was limited. Now in Skyrim I'll be able to enjoy being a wizard or mage.

A game with 80 different individual effects would be overkill.

Eh, not really, so long as every effect is unique and useful enough to justify being in the game, and they're introduced slowly so the player can become intricately familiar with all of them without ever feeling overhwlmed. You'd be surprised at how much information we can hold in our long-term memory if we're given enough time to become familiar with it. Many speakers of English are familiar with tens of thousands of words, and word definitions can be a good deal more complicated than a spell effect.

80 spells isn't really that much. It's not like you'll be able to master them all. You'll have to make choices on what you'll use.

Uhh, you *will* be able to master them all. You can have 100 points in every skill eventually and there's no limit on the number of spells you can know.

80 spells isn't really that much. It's not like you'll be able to master them all. You'll have to make choices on what you'll use.

Uhh, you *will* be able to master them all. You can have 100 points in every skill eventually and there's no limit on the number of spells you can know.

Source?