Recommended Mods for Oblivion

Herolegend

Hi I'm new here hope this is the write thread sorry if its not.

Recently installed Oblivion and wondering what mods anyone recommends I install can someone make me a list and or with links Id really appreciate any help what so ever, I have not played much into the game but i want to use all the cool mods to make the experience more fun, so far iv installed

Beautiful People 2.7

KT_CustomRaceFix

Oblivion Face Totality Pack

Ren_BeautyPack_v1_1_addrace

Ren_BeautyPack_v1_1_onlyhairs

Face_Exchange_Lite_1.4.1-7808

so far just those but i have lately downloaded

Gias_Armor_ESP_ONLY-9860

Alexanders_Wings_1.5-5480.TESSource

Ring_of_Wings__Levitation-7094

is there anymore I'm missing? i hear some peoples game is like 10gig or more mine isn't that big yet. I like my characters to look amazing like the screens on this link http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/gameplay_sc...700/7605342/p19

I'm trying to organize my mod folder, deleting the duplicate mods I've and looking inside the nifskope which mod are (probably) better than others.

So far:

Aces Warlock Gear, Adonnays Ranger Coats, Akaviri Japanese Clothing, ALEXANDERS WINGS, AlienSlofs BraceletsRings and Claws, ANB Hunters Coat and Hat, Aniki's maid set recolor, APOPHIS ARMORY OF THE SILVER DRAGON, Aragorns Royal Gear 11, Archersdesire, ARCTIC GEAR IMPROVED, Armor of Dragon Nightmare, Armor of the Dark Lord, Armored Coats, ARMORS OF GAIA, ARMOUR OF HADES, ARYNNS HOT ARMOR, ARYNNS TRUHE, Ashkandi, Ayhans Knight Slayer Armory, BAB, Badmagic Chrome Dwarven Set, Bandana and Blindfold, BATTLEDRESS, BLACK BOW AND BLAK ARROWS FIXED, Black dragon Armor, Black Dragon Sword, Black Luster Weapons and armor, Black templar Weapons, Blackluster 2sword style, BlackMailArmor, Blades Ceremonial Armour, Blood Widow Dress, Butcher and Dreugh Swords, CAINES OUTFIT, CAPES AND CLOAKS, Classic Wizard Robes, crimson Eye Candy, Cynders Pearl Armor, Dark Dragon Armor, Dark Illusion Armor, Dark Legion, Dark Oath Armor, Dark Wolf Clothes, DB Shadow Armor ELITE, DIVINE PEGASUS ARMOR V11, DN Wolfs Bane Werewolf Hunters Armor Set, Dragon shields, Dragon Skin, Dragonbone Armor Set, DRAGONSLAYER2 FIXED LIGHTING, Dreadweave Complete, DUNMER SCALEMAIL, DWARVEN CENTURION ARMOUR, DWEMER FLAMESWORD, Eagle Sword, Eldracs Armory, ELEGANT VESTS, Elisabeth Armor, EVANTALS DUAL WIELDING, Excalibur, Exnem Zorlack Armory, Female Eye Candy rogue Outfit 1 and 2, FEMALE EYECANDY AMAZON ARMOR 01, FEMALE EYECANDY WARDROBE, FF7 Blades Complete, Forestheart, Frostleaf Leather Armor, GC Blood Gown dress, GC Gowns dress, Ghogiels Armor, Gift of Kynareth, GODDESS ARMOR FOR EXNEMS BODY, Growlfs Hot Clothes And Armor, Haydoxs Rapier, Heavens Fury Armory, HellSpawnDaedric for Exnem, Holy Mythic Dawn Armor for Oblivion High Quality, It's a Wig, JAPANESE CLOTHING, KAFEIS ARMORED CIRCLETS, Kafeis MultiPierced Ears, Kagrenacs tools, Kielanai no Kimono Japanese Akavir clothing, Kill bill Katanas, LADIES ORCISH CUIRASS, Light Crusader, Lost Paladins of the Divines, MARCOS´S SAMURAI ARMOR, Masks, Matun's chest, MAVINES MYTHRIL, MCs Staff Pack, Medieval Shields, MUSYA KABUTO, Mythic Dawn Armor v2, Necklaces for BAB, Nicos Quinga Bows, Numenorean Armor, OBLIVION CLOTHING RECOLORED, Oddbasket Glass Replacer, OPALE ARMOR FOR EXNEMS BODY V1 BY PLIPO, pale_riders Hat Collection, pale_riders Pirate Gear, PHITTS HELMET COLLECTION, PROMETHEUS BARBARIAN CIMMERIAN MOD, Rare Trade Goods Shop, RavenWear Clothing, REGARD FEMALE COSTUME FOR FANTASY FIGURE, Requiem for Hate, RINGWRAITH MOD V2, RINGWRAITHNAZGULSWORD, Rise of a Samurai, Robe Mesh replacer, ROBED PANTY, Robes of the Divines and Fallen, Saberclothmod, SACRED STYLE WEAPON V11, SAURONS ARMOR CHEST, SchattenRuestungen, Scoundrel's Luck Armor, Seductive Male dark seducer armor, SephirothArmour, Sexy Warrior Outfit, Shadow Lord Assassin Armor, Shadow Ranger, Shadowlord Armour, ShadowMail Armor, Shdw Armor Pack 01, Shdw Armor Pack 02, Shdw Armour set Ziragon, Shdw expanded weapon pack, Shdw Weapon Pack 02, Silk Dragon Imports V1 for BAB, Silver Dragon Armor, Sinblood Vampire Outfits, SINBLOODS WIDOWS DRESS, Slof's Bracelet Collection, Slof's Bracelets and Rings, Slof's Claws, Slof's Neckchains, Slofs Oblivion Goth Shop, Slof's Oblivion Robe Trader, Soul Caliber 3 Sword updated, SOUL EDGE, spirit scythe, SWORD OF THE RIVAN KING, Talon of Akatosh, Tamrielic Treasures, tda's scythe mod, TDAS SEPHIS AXE AND TANZIT DEFENDER, THE BLACK GEM ARMOUR, The Obsidian Axe, THE SPIRIT BLADE, The Temple of Nirn - Prize Collection UPDATED, THE WITCHS FROCK, THIEVES TOOL BELT BETA, Town Ceremonial Armor, Travelers Cloaks, Unenchanted Staves, Ungarion's Memoirs 1: The Welkynd Sword, VAGABONDS REAL KATANAS PART 1, VAHIS WARDROBE, VAMPIRESS ARMORS FOR EXNEMS BODY BY PLIPO V1, VERMILLION AND SILVERTHORN ROBES BY KAFEI, WEAPONS OF THE FALLEN HEROES LOTR TOLKIEN BASED QUESTS, Witchking, Woodsman Armor, XiaNewAmulets, xX HeLiXs Dark Legion Armor, Zira Dark Rider Armour

There a lot more on the way!

These are just armors, clothes and weapons, even not all of them (referring to the best mods imo). I've to revise a lot of mods in these same categories and I've neither looked to other categories such houses or graphic replacers etc..

A good way to avoid to get crazy is choosing with body mod you prefer because many of the mods I've listed are incompatible. If you go with exnem you must avoid the stuff for bab or growlf or uff. Then you must choose what kind of oblivion you prefer. If you like an high-fashion oblivion like in the floydian1 pics you must choice mainly those mods that fit well your taste. If you prefer an historical look then you must choice more traditional looking mods. If you like gothic look then you must choose this way etc..

Don't forget: more mods you have more conflicts you will have! You can and you must merge them if you want to run oblivion if you have a lot of mods. The better way is making your own esp in which you will load every suite of clothes, armor & weapons and replacing the vanilla stock with the stuff you like. But you will loose the quests related to some armors or weapons if any this way. Good luck!

holy hell! are you serious thats a hell of a lot of mods lol well i do prefer the floydian1 look how do I install his from what i got? you know i wish they all came in 5 or so different rar's floydian1 's and bab's and growlf etc.. so maybe if i google search floydian1 's mods i might be able to download the whole pack, thanks dyfed

You do realise that just because he has those mods in his data folder, doesn't mean they're good... I've downloaded loads of mods, installed them, played them, and they've turned out to be complete trash.

If you want to know the best mods, just use the search feature to search for 'best mods' or 'favourite mods', or something. There are literally hundreds of topics on this already.

right , thanks well I do only want the best of the best mods, there are so many and some also conflict with each other. which makes things annoying.

Actually my game saves keep crashing I'm thinking about re-installing the game, but in which order should i install the mods, and which ones is the key element I need to find out, i searched for those words but seems to be too many posts regarding best or fav mods sorry :/ i don't have the time to search through it all is why maybe thought someone off the top of their head could help me on recommended or the best ones to use for cool characters with cool armor and weapons. I think i lost my save data due to not working because it cant find files which keep it together probably a mod that needs re-installing but cant figure out which one , but I'm lucky I'm at the beginning. /cry just want to play it already loool

You don't need to read through all of them- just read the first few. They all contain pretty much the same info anyway. And one could also argue that if you can't be bothered to read through all the information already here, why should we bother typing it all out again?

The reason there are so many threads about this is that people like you can't be bothered to use the search feature, so instead they make another topic (which in itself takes longer than searching), then sit around waiting for hours until someone replies, then complain when that person politely points out that there are already plenty of threads on this, and you should just look in them.

As for what order to install mods in, that doesn't even matter unless you're using some of the more complex mods, like OOO. I used to have a couple of hundred mods installed at one point, and the only change I needed to make was to move Fran's and MMM to the end.

If you're already having trouble with mods, installing even more is just about the worst thing you can do- just disable the mods one by one, until the problem doesn't happen any more, that way you know that the last mod you turned off is part of the problem. You could also try using OBMM's conflict detector. If a mod is missing some of it's files, that would be because you installed it wrong.

Thats the thing see i turned them all off, and only had one on , beautiful people mod and the eyes went all weird, didn't do that before, so something else I installed must of overwritten eye textures or something. My time is limited on the Internet so thats why i searched for a while and could not find a single thread with all the recommended mods. only someones fav here or there one or two or three , not enough wanted one with a list even if it was long i would save the page and google search for downloads when i can.

• 3 years later...
If you're looking to save room, ditch the beauty packs and install the Race Balancing Project. It basically combines several beauty mods, distributes them throughout Cyrodiil to NPCs and overhauls race, class, and magicka stats. I've been using it a while and it saved me the space of installing roughly 12 other large mods. And it finally made Wood Elves playable! (little snots wereso annoying before! :wallbash: )

Thread necromancy. All except the latest post are 4 years old. :teehee:

And may be obsolete or no longer supported.

Locking this one.

Bben46, Moderator

If you need to know what the most popular mods are, check the top 100 list. They are all there.