Safe way to change character's race and gender

atx711

I don't understand. I have used showracemenu for ages, and I don't lose anything. :confused:

that's because you are probably only using it to change hair and face (which u can also do by using "showbarbermenu"). but if u use showracemenu, and actually change your race...then most people totally mess up their character. many perks will stop working and it's hard to find out which ones because they will still be listed as u having them. it's a real pain. i to wish there was a way to change race midgame without messing up ur PC

It is exactly what i'm tryingo to say, i realy want to play with that "hero race", but if this need to restart my char...

I'm going to try making it now. I may have it done tomorrow. Depends on how much homework my ... very "knowledgeable, competent, nice" professor gives me and how much I care about it.

So yeah maybe tomorrow night.

The issue is that it will only support the vanilla game, as it would take a while to mix and match each DLC, and I don't have Lonesome Road yet...

EDIT: Well I attempted to do it, but there is going to always be an issue for you it seems. There are well over 40+ perks. Each would need to be checked against what you've completed and what you haven't, as well as a ton of variables due to their not being any kind of looping in the regular GECK. This would take far beyond a reasonable amount of time to accomplish a simple gender change...

Edited by Skibblets

Hi,

I've no Idea if this works with New Vegas, but you could try it the Oblivion/FO3 way :)

- showracemenu

- make your changes but don't close that window by clicking "done", leave it open

- open the console again if not already open

- hit ESC to bring the game menu up

- save your game to a new slot

- Quit game, restart it and load the save you just made

As I have already said, no Idea if that works for NV also. Its worth a try anyway :)

Hi,

I've no Idea if this works with New Vegas, but you could try it the Oblivion/FO3 way :)

- showracemenu

- make your changes but don't close that window by clicking "done", leave it open

- open the console again if not already open

- hit ESC to bring the game menu up

- save your game to a new slot

- Quit game, restart it and load the save you just made

As I have already said, no Idea if that works for NV also. Its worth a try anyway :)

No i have already tried this, but thanks anyway.

I'm going to try making it now. I may have it done tomorrow. Depends on how much homework my ... very "knowledgeable, competent, nice" professor gives me and how much I care about it.

So yeah maybe tomorrow night.

The issue is that it will only support the vanilla game, as it would take a while to mix and match each DLC, and I don't have Lonesome Road yet...

EDIT: Well I attempted to do it, but there is going to always be an issue for you it seems. There are well over 40+ perks. Each would need to be checked against what you've completed and what you haven't, as well as a ton of variables due to their not being any kind of looping in the regular GECK. This would take far beyond a reasonable amount of time to accomplish a simple gender change...

Thanks for trying.

The AlfredTetzlaff have gived me an idea. Is there anyway to activate the save menu during the show race?

I did some research on the showracemenu command and people keep saying they've had problems after using it with perks, crit chances and damage. Is there any way to change the race and gender the safe way? Or if there is a mod that can do this it would be appreciated.

I used this mod to change race/gender etc http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36095