Tying up horses

RitchieTheMerc

So, say you're trying to climb up The Throat of The World, but you stop at a hilltop lodge to rest and level up. You leave your horse outside the lodge, and sleep inside the lodge.

Early the next morning, you get up to continue your journey towards The Throat of The World-- but what's this? Your horse has vanished!

So, how can Bethesda resolve this problem? By either giving us hitching posts to tie up our horses, or giving us a spell to command our horses to stay put, although the latter would seem unrealistic.

What do you guys think of this idea?

If anything Bethesda will just make it to where your horse stays put wherever you dismount. You know they should just have something like in Assassin's Creed, where you just whistle and your horse comes running.

I agree with the whistle concept, that would be cool. Otherwise hitching posts would be nice. :thumbsup:

If anything Bethesda will just make it to where your horse stays put wherever you dismount. You know they should just have something like in Assassin's Creed, where you just whistle and your horse comes running.

I agree with the whistle concept, that would be cool. Otherwise hitching posts would be nice. :thumbsup:

It would be pretty awesome to hitch your horse to a tree/post or something, Oh, a dragon and see it fly off!!!......no? Just me? Okay...forget I said anything.

I've always felt like horse riding didn't belong in Oblivion because its the one skill you can't improve!

So how about making a mod with the Horse Taming skill: beginners fall off horses (when it rears up) and must tie it up to prevent them running away, apprentices can tame wild horses, journeymen's horses stay put when dismounted (except stolen horses), masters never fall off and stolen horses can become owned after a while, experts can whistle and their horse comes running to you a la zelda.

I've always felt like horse riding didn't belong in Oblivion because its the one skill you can't improve!

So how about making a mod with the Horse Taming skill: beginners fall off horses (when it rears up) and must tie it up to prevent them running away, apprentices can tame wild horses, journeymen's horses stay put when dismounted (except stolen horses), masters never fall off and stolen horses can become owned after a while, experts can whistle and their horse comes running to you a la zelda.

I love you're way of thinking! That sounds like an awesome and excellent idea :thumbsup: It would be really cool to have horseback riding/taming as a skill. It's a skill in real life so why not have it be a skill in the game? Who knows maybe Bethesda has come up with something like that, they have to at least thought about it.