Random missing textures/meshes

OBERBERG

This has been destroying my game for the past week and i have nowhere else to turn. The game loads everything fine until after a couple of loaded cells ( opening a door, moving to a new one in the wasteland) the game starts to load the wrong textures for the whole world (trees, clothes,rocks etc.) and starts to fail to load meshes. any ideas?

Classic case of too many mods. You have 329 esm and esp files in your data folder, it's no wonder.

Some things that may help...

Remove any mods that are not enabled/used out of the Data folder (they still get loaded). (try this first)

Merge some/most/all of the smaller mods together into a single merged esp.

Edited by Sunnie

• 6 months later...

Hey I know this thread is kinda dead but I just installed NEVC and got missing meshes and textures, I uninstalled it but got the same result... can anyone lend a hand?

just kidding wrong thread

Edited by fgfg9

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Please note the date of the previous post, and see the Nexus "Terms of Service" about not resurrecting old threads. The primary reason is that the original thread participants are seldom still around, and it is unlikely that you have exactly the same setup. Details matter.

The first suggestion to solving your problem is: Please see the 'Vanilla "Load Order"' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and 'Common Game Problems' section, of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. Recommend you read the entire article now to save yourself problems later.

If that isn't enough to straighten you out with that few a number of mods, start your own thread in the "Technical Support" sub-forum. Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article.

-Dubious-