Mad Science - AI Packages

Ruadhan2300

Ok, so I've made a script which deletes and replaces NPCs with Lobotomites. I'm trying to make the AI packages that govern them. my problem seems to be conditional. I can persuade them to follow me, and I can persuade them to sandbox, but I can't persuade them to switch from one to the other. either direction.

as far as I can tell, the packages both try to be active simultaneously despite their conditions being mutually exclusive.

the conditions are set up to use hidden items in the lobotomites inventories to tell what to do. giving them orders via dialog will remove or add those tokens to manipulate their behaviour.

I've got the entire thing set up and it -ought- to work, but for some reason, having two packages on the same AI means they won't pay attention to the other once I've picked one initially.

V.Annoying

I already am, its making no difference whatsoever...

the AI is completely ignoring the Conditions in its packages.

my script for adding the marker

additem aaAIMarker 1
evp

my script for removing it again

removeitem aaAIMarker 1000
evp

I'm honestly at a loss.

I've checked via console, the markers are being added properly just f ine. its simply totally ignoring them.

I tell the Lobotomite to follow me, it adds the marker, and the lobotomite keeps sandboxing and ignores me.

basically, permanently stuck on the Wait package.

Incidentally the Wait package -is- the top package on the list..

The basic conditions are that if there are any markers in the inventory of the Lobotomite, it'll use the follow package to follow me.

otherwise it'll wait where it is until otherwise given orders...the conditions are mutually exclusive.

both are set to subject. I wasn't able to find anything that said otherwise...

I'm really unsure what exactly that dropbox is talking about with each case :P

I'm assuming Subject means the entity the condition is attached to, Target being the one its talking to or interacting with

the other three are fairly obvious to me.