What is more important, Justice or Mercy?

marharth

21 members have voted

1. 1. Justice or Mercy?

• Justice
    • Mercy
    • Other (I will explain in the topic)

Dude, You have a logical mind. Therefore you think everything has a logical remedy. You are completely out of your element, when you discuss criminal behavior. I live with criminals. My whole family that my brother married into is nothing more than Thug, crackhead, trailer trash. Their is nothing logical about what they do and how they go about it. They are opportunists that take advantage of every opening they can find to exploit. They are about as logical as a chicken on acid!

You are on a completely different level than they are and I'd really hate to clean you up after they proved me right on this.

First place don't try a red herring like that on me, about Dick Chaney and IRAQ. that was nothing more than two opportunists exploiting a situation to get rid of an irritant. The situation was 9/11 and they tried to kill two birds with the same stone. All they did is spread themselves out and extend a the true conflict out far longer than it should. That had nothing to do with anything we are talking about. It wasn't logical or illogical. It was a power grab by a pipe dreamer.

And please stop inserting revenge for justice. It seems you think criminals need to analyzed like lab rats. I think you are trying to thread a needle with a electron microscope. Sometimes the things you search for is right in front of your nose

It depends on the situation. Logical criminals are the people in office, or the people who make laws to be sure they don't get caught. Its a different scale yes, but crime can still be logical depending on how you deal with it.

Criminals should be analyzed. One time offenders will not always commit a crime again. If someone robs a store once and gets caught, it does not mean they will go off robbing more stores.

You are inserting words again. If you replace logical with diabolical, you will be closer to the mark., as far as corrupt officials are concerned.

A thief is a thief, man. no mater how much you want to analogize them, it always comes back to two things. They lack morals and respect for others people and their property. If you want to spend the taxpayers dollar on turning them, this way and that way, trying to deduce what is right in front of your face, go ahead, but in the end, you will come to the same conclusions that everybody else will. There is always the chance that they will return to criminal activity.The path you've chosen was just more costly, but as many politicians have found out. It's not their personal money, so who gives a flip right. Let's experiment, shall we.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are inserting words again. If you replace logical with diabolical, you will be closer to the mark., as far as corrupt officials are concerned.

A thief is a thief, man. no mater how much you want to analogize them, it always comes back to two things. They lack morals and respect for others people and their property. If you want to spend the taxpayers dollar on turning them, this way and that way, trying to deduce what is right in front of your face, go ahead, but in the end, you will come to the same conclusions that everybody else will. There is always the chance that they will return to criminal activity.The path you've chosen was just more costly, but as many politicians have found out. It's not their personal money, so who gives a flip right. Let's experiment, shall we.

Logic does not have to be for good, you can use logic to do bad things as well.

A lot of people have stolen things before. Even if it is just something minor, a lot of people have. Even if its just something minor like a pen or pencil, it does not mean that I will be a repeat offender. That is common knowledge.

Our justice system works (or should work based on the law..) on assuming everyone is not a repeat offender if they have committed a single crime without a criminal background.

You are essentially saying everyone who commits a crime is a psychopath. Some people will commit robbery out of desperation. Are you saying that this person will instantly feel like its his duty to rob other people after that robbery? Are you saying that they lose all morals by committing a robbery? Are you saying they respect just disappears?

Edited by marharth

Justice is basically what defines what is right or wrong, if the person in some way of any degree gets caught doing it, then why should mercy be done? They knew what they where doing was wrong or felt wrong so they deserve punishment. I only think mercy is only possible if the person truly and honestly did not knowing what they where doing unless of coarse they know the person they committed a crime for does illegal crimes themselves.

Logic does not have to be for good, you can use logic to do bad things as well.

People are not logical. They are emotional and have their own value system. Some value their welfare above all else and these are the one's that usually steal.

A lot of people have stolen things before. Even if it is just something minor, a lot of people have. Even if its just something minor like a pen or pencil, it does not mean that I will be a repeat offender. That is common knowledge.

Did I say any different.

Our justice system works (or should work based on the law..) on assuming everyone is not a repeat offender if they have committed a single crime without a criminal background

Our justice system works on the influence, the money and the likability of those on trial. Hoe many politicians, athletes, and socially prominent people have you seen go to trial and get their hands slapped, when the rest of us would be thrown under the penitentiary,

You are essentially saying everyone who commits a crime is a psychopath. Some people will commit robbery out of desperation. Are you saying that this person will instantly feel like its his duty to rob other people after that robbery? Are you saying that they lose all morals by committing a robbery? Are you saying they respect just disappears?

I'm saying that thieves steal for themselves, without regard for those they steal from. Wither their conscience plays on them, afterwords, is irrelevant. The deed was done.

People are logical. If people were not logical on some things we would have never evolved.

Its really simple. If you want to be a logical thief, become a lobbyist or a politician. You can get your goals without being caught, it is a form of logical crime.

I'm saying that thieves steal for themselves, without regard for those they steal from. Wither their conscience plays on them, afterwords, is irrelevant. The deed was done.

That is incorrect if that is what your saying.

I could steal a pen from a friend, or steal a ten dollars. What does that mean? Do I instantly become a crazed robber?

Also, your saying our justice system works on bribes and influence? Why do you trust it so much then?

People are logical. If people were not logical on some things we would have never evolved.

Its really simple. If you want to be a logical thief, become a lobbyist or a politician. You can get your goals without being caught, it is a form of logical crime.

I could steal a pen from a friend, or steal a ten dollars. What does that mean? Do I instantly become a crazed robber?

Also, your saying our justice system works on bribes and influence? Why do you trust it so much then?

Dude you can't win arguments by just repeating the same thing and calling other incorrect. This is exactly what you are doing.. I said that the justice system is flawed and for the most part shows favoritism to those that have the power and influence to alter it.

Look at O.J. Simpson. Was he found innocent of murder, because he was, or was it because of his status and the fact that some thought him being railroaded because of the color of his skin.

Look at these cutesy pie little actresses that continually get busted doing drugs and alcohol and keep out of jail because they have status and a high priced lawyer.

Look at these corporate executives that have fleeced the average citizen, but don't go to trial, because they have high ranking connections. Look at the Casey Anthony case. Would she have got off, if she looked like Phyllis Diller, on a bad hair day?

Being a lobbyist isn't logical. It's political and has to do with the ethics they bring to the table. There are corporate lobbyist and their are activist lobbyist. Do you think they are all of the same attitude or ideals.

Dude you can't win arguments by just repeating the same thing and calling other incorrect. This is exactly what you are doing.. I said that the justice system is flawed and for the most part shows favoritism to those that have the power and influence to alter it.

Look at O.J. Simpson. Was he found innocent of murder, because he was, or was it because of his status and the fact that some thought him being railroaded because of the color of his skin.

Look at these cutesy pie little actresses that continually get busted doing drugs and alcohol and keep out of jail because they have status and a high priced lawyer.

Look at these corporate executives that have fleeced the average citizen, but don't go to trial, because they have high ranking connections. Look at the Casey Anthony case. Would she have got off, if she looked like Phyllis Diller, on a bad hair day?

Being a lobbyist isn't logical. It's political and has to do with the ethics they bring to the table. There are corporate lobbyist and their are activist lobbyist. Do you think they are all of the same attitude or ideals.

So your saying the court system doesn't work? I honestly don't get your argument then.

Logic "Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity"

If your goal is to become rich for personal gain, what is the most logical way to get there?

So your saying the court system doesn't work? I honestly don't get your argument then.

Logic "Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity"

If your goal is to become rich for personal gain, what is the most logical way to get there?

In some places and times it doesn't work. It depends on the jury and what their attitude. It always has.

Lobbiest are there to push an agenda. I don't think they will get rich off pushing it, unless they have a stake in the matter. Most are just hired hands working for people who don't have the time, or don't want to be seen trying to influence members of congress. It's a shell game, with the lobbyist playing the shell.

In some places and times it doesn't work. It depends on the jury and what their attitude. It always has.

Lobbiest are there to push an agenda. I don't think they will get rich off pushing it, unless they have a stake in the matter. Most are just hired hands working for people who don't have the time, or don't want to be seen trying to influence members of congress. It's a shell game, with the lobbyist playing the shell.

Forget lobbyists for a second.

Think about it in general. What about bankers?

So once again, if you want to become rich quickly for personal gain, what is the most logical way to reach that point?

Forget lobbyists for a second.

Think about it in general. What about bankers?

So once again, if you want to become rich quickly for personal gain, what is the most logical way to reach that point?

]

Dude. Your a good person, but you are a logic addict. we can go around and around with this circular argument till the cows come home, but it won't bring us any closer to closure. Logic is a good tool for deduction, but it is rarely used (unless you are a Vulcan) in real life situations. People are not rational or logical. They are emotional beings, trying to find a place in the Sun and possibly someone to share it with. You can continue on debating this, with someone else. I'd rather part here in each others good graces and I wish you luck and happiness in your life. Take care.