The Working Man And Skyrim

AltreU

I'm 32/in a relationship/"serious" but self employed job. I go through times of having time to enjoy games, and times where I can't play for a few days/weeks/months. Personally I love long games, and I'm really looking forward to that aspect of Skyrim - I'm not overly interested in following the main quest, more in creating a character and exploring the world.

My only mild complaint about games like this is the underwritten/underdeveloped sidequests that essentially involve travelling to one quest arrow after the next, without anything to challenge your brain, your skill or the character build you've created at any stage. I feel they're a reason why I can waste 3-4 hours playing a game like Fallout NV sometimes without feeling like I've accomplished anything, whereas I'll play a game like Left 4 Dead 2 for an hour and really enjoy it. It must be a difficult thing for the designers, I guess overall I'd rather see fewer sidequests/npcs/locations and have them more developed than a massive world that's actually pretty shallow.