Dragon companion?

werewolfperson

Ok so I am a dragon fanatic and my game is full of all the dragon mods I can find like my two dragon mount mods, clothes, races, etc. But the one thing I am lacking is a dragon partner D: I found one called tolarn but it was for morrowind so can someone put a link to a dragon companion for oblivion or pherhaps a drake dragon race CM or something. Not akatosh mounts though because I already have it XD

BTW I found an awesome dragon mount mod called dragon mods. 7Z or something like it....

Was going to link you to Drake's famous little companion, Tiamat the Firedrake by Maigrets, but it's currently in an update process it seems and is nowhere to be found online anymore. It's a pity, as the little bugger was really handy in dungeon diving close encounters. Under Drake's expert guidance the little one's fire breath became a weapon to be afraid of for all underground dwellers out there. They were roasted already before they even got around the next corner! Can't wait to see this gem back online.

As for companions of my dragon races, well, you can actually change every CM Partner's or other companion's race to one of my dragons, if there's no really serious conflict with the scripts or something. So far I haven't found any though. I even changed the famous Viconia De'Vir into a red-gold dragon so she became Kaira, Drake's fiance, for some much more interesting role play and their famous teamplay scenes. All you have to do is make my plugin a master for the plugin you're going to change (or maybe just create a patch plugin mastering both ESPs) and change the race of any NPC you like to one of my dragons. My scripts will do the rest. That's one of the main features I implemented into their basic code structure. They're a "race", not some player-only feature.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

Making companion creatures with CM is pretty easy. For myself, I took a wyvern from Romuska's Fantasy Store and made it a CM beast.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22254

I think I also tried that dragons mod you mentioned. It contained 5 or 6 different dragons, some based on Akatosh mount, but I find them rather clumsy. I prefer to do my flying on a broom :)

If anyone wants Tiamat you can get it here from my Mediafire account. I'll never get around to fixing the problems so if anyone else wants to have a go it's fine with me. It's fully functional, but it has annoyingly loud sounds that are embedded in the meshes for the End Game and no matter what I did I couldn't exchange them for custom sounds. Maybe since I've had a number of people ask about it I'll upload it here again, but with the explanation of why it annoys me. :biggrin: Mainly it's because I have to use headphones when playing because of neighbours and it intensifies the sounds, so maybe it won't be so bad otherwise.

This is version One as mentioned above and there's a choice of red or black.. However it requires you replace textures to choose a colour and I haven't worked on it to change that with an extra esp.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yowzugynnmd/Tiamat%20the%20Fire%20Drake%20V1.7z

This one is using old MMM files and does fix some of the sounds as done by the MMM team. However, people not using MMM mentioned the drake was invisible which is possibly a normal map issue. I don't know if that's still true as MMM has changed formats now and I also haven't looked at it to see now I don't use MMM anymore.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4lunjny2nnz/Tiamat%20the%20Fire%20Drake%20V1.1.7z

Both drakes are small. Around the size of your character or less depending on your character and use my companion system, have spells and other functions, but not the updated scripts with the sneaking...I think. It's been so long since I looked at it and I can't at the moment because I don't have the game installed again as yet after a hard drive failure.

Immediately snatched them both as I lost them during the migration to the MacBook I'm currently stuck on.

No promises here, but if I find the time (any free time at all), I'll try and give those issues a look, as it's one of my favourites.

Thanks for the links, btw. For all who want to know what it looks like, here are some old pictures of mine I took like... ages ago (my is that really 1 year already since I last played?!):

Now we can finally go dungeon diving together again.

That's the spirit, little one, roast'em!

(Sorry for borderline-derailing. Could be of interest to you though.)

I was going to re-upload it yesterday but the Nine Divines hate me for some reason. My DVD drive gave up the ghost yesterday so I can't install the game now or edit the mod myself until I get a new one. First the HDD now this, I wonder what's next. :wallbash:

I can at least download my own mod :rolleyes: from my Mediafire account, but I can't get at screen shots, or make new ones, as they are all on backup discs and I dare not upload without pics. From memory the second version doesn't use the same fire effect which is from Saiden Storm's Akatosh. I think I made a custom spell which isn't nearly as impressive.

Tiamat was one of my earlier mods and it needs updating anyway, so if you want to do anything with it go ahead. :)