Sorting Files

sorceress99

How do you change the sort criteria for a list of files? I prefer to sort my files by upload date in descending order (newest first). I can set the 'sort by' to do this but how do you get Nexus to sort the files? There is no 'GO' or 'Sort' command. This option would really be nice as a setting in my user options instead of having to do it everytime I brows the files.

I have the same problem. I think it has to do with Firefox 6. It works with internet explorer (but I hate internet explorer).

Yes, it is a FF problem. I switched back to IE8 and it works. I like FF but is has some serious issues. Mine crashes when some ads try to run. I get the BSoD and a system reboot. Never had that problem with IE. IE8 doesn't like Nexus since the new site was forced on us, although it seems to be working better now than it was.

Do you have add on's installed in FF? Is there a possibility that some of your internet settings in FF are not set correctly? FF maintains it's own settings that are not necessarily the same as what you get when you look in control panel under internet settings. Those primarily deal with IE. I would compare what is in FF to what is in internet options in control panel and try to match them.

I suggest all this because I use FF exclusively and have had no issues what so ever. My guess is there is something not setup right on your system which is causing the issue and not FF itself.

happy hunting. :)

Do you have add on's installed in FF? Is there a possibility that some of your internet settings in FF are not set correctly? FF maintains it's own settings that are not necessarily the same as what you get when you look in control panel under internet settings. Those primarily deal with IE. I would compare what is in FF to what is in internet options in control panel and try to match them.

I suggest all this because I use FF exclusively and have had no issues what so ever. My guess is there is something not setup right on your system which is causing the issue and not FF itself.

happy hunting. :)

I have one add-on, the weather channel toolbar. I have talked to other people who are also have a crashing problem with FF6. You're lucky. From what I am hearing, its a flash plugin issue with some of the ads.I tried disabling it, but I lock up on some sites. I am still using XP which might also be a problem.

Maybe you have an older version of Flash is why your not having any problem. IDK The internet options with FF are few. I have looked at every setting I can find and nothing has stopped the crashes yet. The only reason I swithed to FF is because IE was not working well with the new nexus site. I had no problems with the old site. I have to run IE because of my roboform auto log in and I have 30 sites I login to eveynight to get updates for some science project I run. I just use FF for nexus mostly.

I don't think luck has much to do with it, but that is just my opinion :)

I run Windows 7 64bit FF version is 6.0.2, Flash version 10. Have you looked at your flash settings to see if there is something there that might possibly be causing the issue? If you have hardware acceleration set, remove the tic mark and see if that resolves it. If the opposite is true, change it the other way. Another option is that your flash install is corrupt for what ever reason and you need to uninstall it and reinstall.

When you use FF for Nexus, is FF set to be your default browser? If not, have you tried to set it that way to see if there is any difference?

I also think it must be something other than Firefox 6.0 as that's what I'm using exclusively without any problems and I've used FF since it was released or pretty soon afterwards. Plus, I have a number of addons for it. I had a Flash update yesterday (10.3.183.7) and everything is working correctly on the Nexus sites.

I used to have a very occasional crash with earlier versions of FF, but not 6.0 so far, and they were only program issues nothing to do with web sites.

Perhaps another suggestion would be to uninstall FF and reinstall and see if that helps. Disable any other plugins as well like Java and Flash and see if that does anything.

Edit: I also use Windows XP (32bit) so it's not likely to be that either. :)

Edited by Maigrets

Nah, the reason or this bug is a CSS float property bug in Firefox, that exists for like an eternity now.

I hope there is someone around who knows CSS and implements a workaround for Firefox users though.

Not gonna change to IE or Chrome because 1 site doesn't work :biggrin:

Sidenote: It might well be possible that if you use Firefox on XP, you don't have this issue...

I have this issue anyway, with all Firefox versions, 4, 5, 6 and the 7 beta6

On vista x64 that is.

Hardware acceleration on/off does not change this, even starting in safe-mode doesn't. (Which means its neither the gpu acceleration nor the plugins that cause this..)

If someone knows a way to fix this i'd be happy though, as it stands the nexus is not usable

Edited by eRe4s3r

I am ignorant to web coding, especially CSS. However, I have to wonder, if this is a CSS float issue as you state, why doesn't it present itself in all installations of the same browser? Installation doesn't change the programmed code for the browser. Nor should the installation of the browser change how it handles CSS. This would tend to make me believe that there is an outside issue that doesn't specifically involve the FF browser itself. It is possible that there are other things installed on the systems that are having the issues that effect how FF handles the Flash ads. These other programs might not be specific to Flash or FF, but may still have an effect. For instance DCOM from Microsoft is the culprit for many different issues in program functionality. You can download DCOM from MS and install it to see if that fixes the issue, DCOM comes from MS anyways. Edited by Keirgarth