The Death Penalty

marharth

Support or not?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the death penalty being legal?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would start this topic due to recent events.

This topic is more about the legality of it in our modern world then the morality of it.

The death penalty just gives more power to the state so if you oppose state power then you should oppose the death penalty.

Thought I would start this topic due to recent events.

This topic is more about the legality of it in our modern world then the morality of it.

The death penalty just gives more power to the state so if you oppose state power then you should oppose the death penalty.

I disagree. You can hate the state all you want to, but please don't bring the death penalty into this hatred.

To clean out the trash that take up oxygen. Like the two people who raped and murdered this guys family.

read this

What about the innocent people who get executed because of it?

I would rather save a criminal on the chance that he is innocent the execute a innocent man on the chance that he is a criminal.

Its actually cheaper to leave them rot in prison till they fall over dead from natural causes, than it is to spend 20 years in court, with appeal after appeal..... Take a look at conviction dates, and then compare that to execution dates. Note the time span. Keep in mind, that ALL during that time, the convicts are working the court system to get another delay, another appeal, etc. etc.

Now, that said, there are folks that I would have absolutely no problem holding a pistol to their head, and pulling the trigger. (the two in the above story, I would actually ENJOY it.) The current system isn't really workable. (big surprise....) Now, alter that a bit, you get ONE automatic appeal of a death sentence, after that, Light 'em up Charlie. As for innocents being executed... well, personally, I would much rather be dead, than look forward to spending the rest of my life in prison.

Its actually cheaper to leave them rot in prison till they fall over dead from natural causes, than it is to spend 20 years in court, with appeal after appeal..... Take a look at conviction dates, and then compare that to execution dates. Note the time span. Keep in mind, that ALL during that time, the convicts are working the court system to get another delay, another appeal, etc. etc.

Now, that said, there are folks that I would have absolutely no problem holding a pistol to their head, and pulling the trigger. (the two in the above story, I would actually ENJOY it.) The current system isn't really workable. (big surprise....) Now, alter that a bit, you get ONE automatic appeal of a death sentence, after that, Light 'em up Charlie. As for innocents being executed... well, personally, I would much rather be dead, than look forward to spending the rest of my life in prison.

Well that is just personal opinion, not everyone would rather die then have life in prison. You can get out of life in prison, you can't get out of death.