The Death Penalty

marharth

Support or not?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the death penalty being legal?

Once again, the death penalty should be used, but only in certain cases. Where there's concrete, indisputable evidence that they're guilty. No innocent man should die, but it shouldn't be an all-or-nothing scenario where the evil man should live.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thread got locked because people couldn't stop bickering between each other. I'm not sure it is a good idea to bring it back, nor under a new poster either. Not sure how the mods will react, but they most likely won't be happy about it.

As for my opinion: again, it is wrong to kill anyone under the death penalty. I thought it was wrong then and I still do now. It is immoral. Plain and simple.

Edited by Keanumoreira

My thread got locked because people couldn't stop bickering between each other. I'm not sure it is a good idea to bring it back, nor under a new poster either. Not sure how the mods will react, but they most likely won't be happy about it.

As for my opinion: again, it is wrong to kill anyone under the death penalty. I thought it was wrong then and I still do now. It is immoral. Plain and simple.

I didn't know your thread got locked. If this isn't supposed to be discussed I am sure the mods will lock it again.

I didn't know your thread got locked. If this isn't supposed to be discussed I am sure the mods will lock it again.

Just a forewarning. I don't know how strict the mods are with some of their rules such as this one.

Edit: Actually....no. It didn't get locked; just buried. Weird...I need to have a discussion with my sources. Either way, I personally don't care. Carry on please.

Edited by Keanumoreira

To clean out the trash that take up oxygen. Like the two people who raped and murdered this guys family.

read this

What about the innocent people who get executed because of it?

I would rather save a criminal on the chance that he is innocent the execute a innocent man on the chance that he is a criminal.

Which people are these? I'm sure if you asked them, they are all innocent.

. There's a saying that begs forgiveness, and those who act on revenge only become monsters themselves.

Ideals seem always to come from those with the least amount of experience in the matter discussed. That's why they are called ideals and why so many of them are found in bathrooms, where they belong.

Try telling that to a father that just lost his entire family so two degenerates can get their dicks wet.

Their are plenty of people who have evidence to show they are innocent. A man like that was executed a few days ago, when it was highly likely he was innocent.

Using emotional appeal is not a valid argument in my eyes. You do know some of the victims families don't want the criminals executed right? It happens anyways.

. There's a saying that begs forgiveness, and those who act on revenge only become monsters themselves.

Ideals seem always to come from those with the least amount of experience in the matter discussed. That's why they are called ideals and why so many of them are found in bathrooms, where they belong.

Try telling that to a father that just lost his entire family so two degenerates can get their dicks wet.

Are you more experienced? Has ideals something to do with experience? Ideals comes from an open mind, no matter the experience.

As mentioned previous eye for an eye makes the world blind, and we will soon run out of people to execute. What good is it. No matter the cruelty he/she has comitted, a death penalty is not gonna bring the victims back. It is, and will always will be revenge. Revenge is born out of hatred, so I can see only more hatred as a result of death penalty.

so what, should someone who killed someone be allowed to live? what made him so godly that he was able to choose who lives or dies? he chose to kill someone because he thought he had that right, and i choose to have him killed from the death penalty. i dont think it should be just for killers. rapists too should be killed. they ruined someones life by raping them, and shouldnt be allowed to live. child molesters even worse.

not just because i think they deserve to die, but here in the US, we citizens pay taxes which pay for Prisons. these prisons are already over filled. now we are putting a killer in there for life with 3 meals a day, cable TV, recreation time, etc etc? THATS what im paying for? hell no. waste of resources. he doesnt deserve it. he ruined his chance in society and should have to pay the price for it.

i think its funny how ppl are always worried about the morality of the death penalty too. we went from slicing the guys head off, to hanging/lynching, to electrocuting him to giving a "pleasant death" via injection. and many steps in between. if the guy is there, he deserves to die. i honestly dont care how moral it is when we kill him. how much pain he might have to endure as he dies. he did what he did and now hes there. whether it hurts or not, doesnt matter cause hell be dead after. he didnt care about the ppl he killed raped or whatever, so why should i care how he dies?

i am a FIRM believer in the death penalty, in my country at least.

but this is a very touchy topic, and im glad to have gotten my opinion in.

Edited by hoofhearted4