The duster seen on the cover of Lonesome Road

looloolooigotsomeapples

For the undershirt/sleeves if you can use Honest Hearts JG's sleeves are pretty much perfect except it's colour.

Yeah, I can use JG's sleeves, as changing the colour takes about 2 seconds in Gimp. What about the torso section of the shirt, that you'll be able to see from the front?

I'm assuming the SWAT vest on JG's is fused with the armor and it's all one piece with nothing under it right? It wouldn't make sense why they would have the shirt underneath but I didn't know if they did because I'm a very new/noob modder.

I really like JG's sleeves and gloves being the arms so here are some options I've found that might look good fused to them and not look too bad under the duster. I've roughly listed them from my most preferred to last, but I'll defer to you and other people on the thread to determine which one looks better. A.) Vault Suit torso, nix the number on the collar, and changed color, at least removing the yellow stripe B.) Merc Charmer outfit minus that weird neck thing on the male version if that's possible(probably too much work) C.)Civilian Engineer Jumpsuit which can just kind of be an under shirt without too much work, but without being too much aesthetically pleasing either. D.) I suppose you could also just use the torso that's under the duster already assuming it doesn't look too weird and/or out of place.

Any who, sorry for jacking your thread Looloo I hope I helped RJ. A duster with sleeves just looks so much better I think.

Don't worry about it QuintonBeck. It would actually look kind of cool to have a duster over JG's riot vest, too. It is definitely one piece, no shirt underneath. But if possible, seeing as it will be covered by a duster, perhaps use the simple button-up shirt from the Ranger Casual Outfit? I think they'd match with a little texture work. For the pants, I'd suggest the ones that are on the regular duster, with any necessary retexture. I look forward to see what you come up with. :thumbsup:

http://newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1278385-1316996491.jpg

http://newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=21090

--- What do you guys think? (Ignore the black forearms, those aren't visible in-game.)

Let me know how you'd like it added into the game.

Rob

Edited by rjhelms84

Oh man RJ, that looks sweet! Only two things I would point out, but as is it's pretty outstanding. 1.) I agree with atrayu17, it would be nice if it didn't flare so much if that was possible, and 2.) Is there going to be the blue circle behind the stars?

Otherwise, very nice looking, and thanks for taking the time to do it!

My input for ideas where to place it is the easy "in the Courier Gift Box at the end of LR" or the lazy "overload Doc Mitchell's house with yet another mysterious box", or perhaps at the Mojave Express in Primm, considering Ulysses worked there a bit, or in the Lucky 38 with House considering it's Old World?

Thanks, glad you like it! I must have faded out the blue by mistake, so I'll redo the texture for the coat. I'm not sure about the flaring, but I'll have a look at that tomorrow. Are there any coats already in the game that don't flare like that? You have to bear in mind the animations for walking and running. If the coat is too close, the legs will clip into it during those animations, unless I mess with the weighting so the coat moves with the legs, but that would be like a sentient coat I'm thinking. :psyduck:

I'll have a look into it tomorrow though.

The shirt is the vault-suit re-textured, and the pants and boots are from the Lonesome Road riot armour, in case you were wondering.

Thanks, glad you like it! I must have faded out the blue by mistake, so I'll redo the texture for the coat. I'm not sure about the flaring, but I'll have a look at that tomorrow. Are there any coats already in the game that don't flare like that? You have to bear in mind the animations for walking and running. If the coat is too close, the legs will clip into it during those animations, unless I mess with the weighting so the coat moves with the legs, but that would be like a sentient coat I'm thinking. :psyduck:

I'll have a look into it tomorrow though.

The shirt is the vault-suit re-textured, and the pants and boots are from the Lonesome Road riot armour, in case you were wondering.

There is this mod that helps with the flaring http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44045

Thanks Guy97, I edited the duster model in a similar way to that guy.

Here is an update for you guys: I've updated the duster to reduce flare, and I've restored the colours in the flag. Looking okay now?

http://newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1278385-1317076314.jpg