Not Receiving Mark of Caeser

CyrusAmell

I have been having problems with starting Render Unto Caeser after the quest Ring-A-Ding. After I flush Benny out I walk through the exit of the Tops and no one meets me to give me said mark. I killed Vulpa back in Nipton so I am expecting a chap named Alerio. In any event here is my setup.

1. I have been tasked to kill House by the NCR

2. I need the Mark to go to the Fort

3. Once there I will talk to Caeser and he will give me the Chip

4. I then go into the bunker and do what Caeser say's and destroy the Securitrons

5. I go back and then free Benny and kill Caeser.

6. March back to Vegas and kill Mr. House.

That way I screw Caeser's Legion and make sure that the Securitron army is never unleashed upon the world and Benny gets off scot free. I should hate the guy but I dont, he owns up to his actions and is no craven. But I can't do that without receiving Caeser's Mark so I am wondering how I go about fixing that. Does Alerio come after a few days if he does not come immediately? Is there a way I can summon him or start the quest with console commands? Mr. House assures me that I will eventualy be invited into the Fort but I haven't tried waiting for days. I have NVR, which redesigns Vegas so it is possible that this might have interefered with Alerio's arrival.

Thanks for any feedback on this issue and sorry if this post is in the wrong forum.

Edited by CyrusAmell

I have been having problems with starting Render Unto Caeser after the quest Ring-A-Ding. After I flush Benny out I walk through the exit of the Tops and no one meets me to give me said mark. I killed Vulpa back in Nipton so I am expecting a chap named Alerio. In any event here is my setup.

1. I have been tasked to kill House by the NCR

2. I need the Mark to go to the Fort

3. Once there I will talk to Caeser and he will give me the Chip

4. I then go into the bunker and do what Caeser say's and destroy the Securitrons

5. I go back and then free Benny and kill Caeser.

6. March back to Vegas and kill Mr. House.

That way I screw Caeser's Legion and make sure that the Securitron army is never unleashed upon the world and Benny gets off scot free. I should hate the guy but I dont, he owns up to his actions and is no craven. But I can't do that without receiving Caeser's Mark so I am wondering how I go about fixing that. Does Alerio come after a few days if he does not come immediately? Is there a way I can summon him or start the quest with console commands? Mr. House assures me that I will eventualy be invited into the Fort but I haven't tried waiting for days. I have NVR, which redesigns Vegas so it is possible that this might have interefered with Alerio's arrival.

Thanks for any feedback on this issue and sorry if this post is in the wrong forum.

Hmmm....

You've been task to kill House by the NCR. You're quite far along the NCR path. If you finished the quest, "Beyond the Beef," you might not be able to complete, "Render Unto Caesar."

Also, it sounds like you've already dealth with The Khans and the Omertas. Both those factions are linked to the Legion so you may have made the Legion angry.

If so the quest may already show up in your pipboy greyed out because you failed it. There are a lot of variables and interactiosn in these quests with the different factions and the situation has changed since House talked to you so what he said then will not necessarily apply now.

There is a stage where even if you were to restart these quests with the console the Legion will still be hostile and Caesar won't even talk to you.

The quest ID for Render Unto Caesar is 00129d14 so you could try the console: StartQuest 00129d14 and see if that works.

Edited by drakeelvin

I'm not sure about using placeatme, I updated my previous post tho with more info on restarting the quest, maybe someone else can provide more info on using placeatme.

I was able to bring himto me using placeatme but he just says "What do you need?", so much for that. Ah well, I guess I won't be able to destroy the Securitron army like I had planned. Pity, still it does seem like it is broken. Perhaps I am to hated by the Legion?

Edited by CyrusAmell

Never mind, was bale to kill caeser and get the Chip. From there, I didn't need a quest to blow up Mr. House' secret weapon bunker. He gave me a warm welcome when I entered the Lucky 38, laser warm. I was able to stride in and kill him. Done and done. Would have liked to chat up Caeser and Benny (you don't get a major conversation with Benny if you kill Caeser), but thats that. Edited by CyrusAmell