Xbox 360 Controller Support on PC?

BuckeyeTiba

I like the feel of the 360 controller more for adventure games and Skyrim does look a bit more "consolized" (that is not necessarily bad, just opens the door for more possible gamers). I know Oblivion did not support the 360 controller, but Fallout 3 did. If Fallout 3 supported it, then I am assuming Skyrim will, but I just want to be sure.

I don't know for sure but I would bet up to .. hmm.. 200 bucks on it *nods to self* .. They would be crazy not to .. then again ME1 and ME2 didn't and that was a complete shock to me .. a lot of gamers today are more into the 360 pad than the keyboard and mouse settup.. I'm one of those gamers. ^_^ thumbsticks baby!

If I had a 360 controller that worked on a PC then I would definitely play it on there.

I downloaded the wireless 360 controller driver for games for windows and it didn't work, i might have needed a usb reciever or something. However, it is really hard to find the driver on microsoft, almost as if they are trying to hide it in order to make you buy a new controller to get the drivers with it. The driver was a few years old and it didn't work when i tried.

I was only trying to play on the controller because touchpad and keyboard sucks. I've been playing touchpad and mouse and it's been amazing these last few days. I'm gonna buy a logitech g700 and a nice mouse pad soon.

Btw, i'm using the alienware m14x. Plays crysis 2 @ 25-30fps and it plays mass effect 2 at a steady 60fps. My gpu never goes above 76C and i can overclock it, but for now it doesn't seem like i need to.

You can use the official wireless receiver for that, it works fine for me. With a Google for "xbox 360 wireless receiver driver" it got me to the right driver after going to Gaming and then the appropriate driver.

Blame Microsoft for their full page loading letting google not refer to that properly.

Edited by Pronam