Need help with some simple scripting.

BenzSmoke

I'm currently working on a mod that provides companions with unique equipment that the player can retrieve if/when the companion character dies. I've organized all the unique equipment sets into leveled item lists and set the lists as death items for the corresponding character. Now all of this works fine, except for 2 companions. When Butch or Jericho die the unique equipment isn't added to their inventory, even though the death item is set correctly. Unfortunately I'm not that good at scripting, so I need someone to tell me how to add the correct changes to both of their scripts so that the item list/group is added to their inventory upon their death. Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if this would work or if you've found a solution by now, but have you tried something like this?

begin OnDeath

AddItem Something 1

end

The Something part would have to be replaced with an item name of course, and the 1 should be whatever quantity you want to add. If they already have an OnDeath block, I don't think you can start another, so the AddItem command will have to go on the end of whatever's already there. There might even be something in that block that's causing the problem, though that's just a guess.

not sure if this would work or if you've found a solution by now, but have you tried something like this?

begin OnDeath

AddItem Something 1

end

The Something part would have to be replaced with an item name of course, and the 1 should be whatever quantity you want to add. If they already have an OnDeath block, I don't think you can start another, so the AddItem command will have to go on the end of whatever's already there. There might even be something in that block that's causing the problem, though that's just a guess.

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Nope that didn't work.

Edited by BenzSmoke