Request: Minigun Texture

BenzSmoke

So I'm currently working on a mod that provides unique equipment to all the vanilla Fallout 3 companions. Now I need someone to do a simple re-texture of the minigun. What I want is the texture to be a darker grey (think gun-metal grey, both gun and backpack) and I want it to have shark teeth like in the picture below. I've outlined where I think the teeth would look best in the attachment. But if you think you know a better place to put them that's fine. I'd also like one of the pairs of eyes put on the backpack near the top.

http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/32364/Li21271.jpg

In photoshop all you'd need to do is darken the texture then use lasso tool to cut the teeth out of the picture above and put them on a new layer. Place / re-size the teeth correctly and make the layer transparent so it blends well with the gun. Then do the same thing with the eyes and backpack. At least I think that's how you do it, I haven't been able to work with Photoshop in a while so I may be a little rusty.

I'll be sure to give credit. Thanks in advance!

Edited by BenzSmoke

This retex is something I had in mind some time ago. So I take this opportunity and do it. If you like more weapon retexure tell me, I'll make a packet of it.

Oh, excellent! Thank you!

As for other retextures, I do need a retexture of this M16A1 for a Pit expansion mod that is in it's really early stages at the moment. I'd like the texture for M16A1 to be an olive drab color with a peace sign on the stock. Also the words "It's time that we recognized that ours was in truth a noble cause." written on the fore-stock. Both the peace sign and words written in white chalk lettering. The texture must also asymmetric, the quote and peace sign need to only be on one side. I've attached a little concept/reference picture to help you out.

Other than that I can't really think of any other textures I need at the moment. Thank you again!

Actually, now that I think about it...

There is one more simple texture I need. The Ak-47 from this resource with a Canadian maple leaf on the stock. Like the one below. Also I'd like it to be asymmetric as well. I've added another attachment to help out.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MaK1WlvmvN0/TGILzO3szWI/AAAAAAAAAgw/B0kxhvdMPHo/s1600/maple+leaf.gif

But if you just want to do the minigun texture that's fine. Thank you again!

Edited by BenzSmoke

I have looked at the models and the textures are symmetrical with the exception of the M16 stock. Making it asymmetric would need a new UV layout, modified textures... All in all, a lot of work. You'll have to be content with a symmetric variant.

So the peace sign will be on one side but the the quote has to be on both?

Alright, in that case you can scratch the quote. Just the peace sign is fine.

Actually if you could make the quote look like it was printed on the weapon instead of hand written that would make it look a lot better if it has to be symmetrical. Feel free to use whatever text you think would look best. Unless you just want to erase the quote, that's ok too.

Edited by BenzSmoke