Skyrim textures for Oblivion

H34RTL355

I don't want to quote too much, as its not really going to be usefull in your reply. Since it all falls into one big context.

However:

textures from Skyrim
- A direct quote from the OP.

This can be understood from a few different direction. Let me clarify a few:

1) Port directly from Skyrim. Not possible, and not legal. This is a point I believe I got out clear enough.

2) Buff up the texture. That is allready done, and have been done since early Oblivion. To get any more improvements, we need to improve the models. Unless a mod team wants to spend a year cleaing up that mess, it won't do.

There is really nothing more to that point. Either s/he meant porting textures, which would be impossible due to UVW, or to bump it up - which is done.

So, generally, we sorted out this topic ages ago, and the new point of it was not "Skyrim texture!" but " Why can't the game be smashed together?".

My only remark on your posts is that you still keep focus on impossibilities in a topic that asks for possibilities and that is the point I'm trying to make

The original question was answered with the allready top texture pack we got.

The new question was answered with me saying "The game studio will not do it, because of X, and we can't port it over, unless we make custom meshes." That got misunderstood, or so I think, and people started telling me exactly what I told them. One argument came, saying proffesional got the tools we do not. That is, of course, wrong. Most coders uses the TES script, only a few, core, uses C+ to make the base. Also, give a guy a Hex editor and some tutorials, and we could've gotten the hardcoded stuff out as well. That, of course, would be illegal.

That is what people do when a PC game is released, but go no mod oppertunities. See Dragon Age 2.

To simply short out any other misunderstandings, let me rephrase it all:

Q1) Can we have Skyrim textures over to Oblivion?

A1) There is texture packs that increases the resoution to 2048X2048 - Skyrim resolution. If you mean direct change, then no. The UVW is different per model.

Q2) Can the Studio slap together the games into 1, and build on it from now on?

A2) Yes, they could. However, this would require tons of discs. The technological problems are also big. The bigger the game is, the more erros will come. The more errors, the more bugs. The more bugs, the longer time and the more testers. More time and testers, costs a lot more.

Money is something only the top AAA titles got, and even they run out. There are exeptions, like Blizzard.

Q3) Can I port a model from Morrowin to Oblivion, or Oblivion to Skyrim?

A3) Yes and no. You can't directly grab the .nif and .dds and send it over. You can, however, use the game-model as a reference and make your own. If you make everything from scratch, you hold the copyright, nobody else.

Q4) Why don't Game studios, in general, got enough money?

A4) It costs a LOT to make a game. I talk about millions.

Now add that people download games for free. Suddently the profit is halved. I remember readin from a Game Art forum a while back a question. "Will the game industry go down if another financial crack happens?". Suprisingly, many artist from the industry said yes.

Q5) Why do you pretend like you know anything?

A5) Having a small dream of becoming a game artist one day, I am up to date with anything regarding the current situation. Wether you believe me or not, is non of my concern.

Q6) You are rude.

A6) I am sorry. I answer plainly, and right to the point. I have no emotions put into my writing. I am sorry if I am seen offensive/rude in any manner!

Hope that sorted most of it out!

Cheers,

Matth

Edited by Matth85