Dynamic and levelled Music

LeopoldCrank

I was always annoyed that in Oblivion (and Morrowind, but I found a mod which fixed it) the battle music was the same whether you were fighting a rat at level one or Mankar Camoran at level 50. Do you think this will be changed in Skyrim, or, like the mod I found for Morrowind, will we be able to change it ourselves?

In the demo there was this music for the last dragon, it was really good, reminded me of van helsing for some reason x) I agree with you fighting music for a rat shouldn´t be the same for a dragon.Rats shouldn´t even attack much less have a battle music.

In the demo there was this music for the last dragon, it was really good, reminded me of van helsing for some reason x) I agree with you fighting music for a rat shouldn´t be the same for a dragon.Rats shouldn´t even attack much less have a battle music.

Demo wasn't using in-game music. It was using music layered over the video.

yea .. nothing like walking past a mudcrab and having the music send you into troll attack mode only to feel like an idiot when those little buggers showed up from behind the grass... but its hard to say .. as jhardingame said the music in the demo was layered over the footage and every part of the demo was edited so its hard to say what was and what wasn't in game music .. all the cam footage is to loud to hear anything too. :/

I'm hoping new music, really with the trailer where the choir in the background. When I'm killing a Dragon I want that music to play. It'll get me pumped. But yea, a more diverse music playlist. I didn't like in Oblivion that every time you enter a cave, mine, ruin, or fort the background music was all the same. Eventually I turned it off because I couldn't stand the repetition. :psyduck:

Well..some of the people that have actually played the game reported that the music was really good and i personally think that the music we heard in the trailer will also be heard ingame (they won´t make the music for a single trailer and never use it again ...at least i hope so :wink: ).

Well..some of the people that have actually played the game reported that the music was really good and i personally think that the music we heard in the trailer will also be heard ingame (they won´t make the music for a single trailer and never use it again ...at least i hope so :wink: ).

Yeah, the main trailer theme will is the main theme for the game called "Sons of Skyrim" As for the E3 stuff, all that music should be in game as well. I just wished they would make a video using the actual in-game music system so we could see what it was like.

Audio is so important in a game. I'd go so far to say that it's as important as the video. Now, obviously, you can't play without video, but imagine a game where the audio doesn't line up and it's not smooth, shoddy, etc. The game would just feel terrible. Like watching a movie without sound. You can get a feel for the movie but will never get the full effect for it. I'm sure Bethesda has put a lot more time into their audio, especially with the over 60,000 lines they have collectively from the voice actors. That's pretty amazing. I can't wait to hear how much they've done with it, I'm sure it's much better than Oblivion's.

Audio is so important in a game. I'd go so far to say that it's as important as the video. Now, obviously, you can't play without video, but imagine a game where the audio doesn't line up and it's not smooth, shoddy, etc. The game would just feel terrible. Like watching a movie without sound. You can get a feel for the movie but will never get the full effect for it. I'm sure Bethesda has put a lot more time into their audio, especially with the over 60,000 lines they have collectively from the voice actors. That's pretty amazing. I can't wait to hear how much they've done with it, I'm sure it's much better than Oblivion's.

Agreed. I hope in The Making Of Skyrim DVD from CE they will include 1. List of music in-game 2. The actual recording of the choir music from the trailer. :thumbsup: