Skyrim Colloectors Edition Game Guide

x722ism

My father already bought me the Skyrim Game Guide but not the Collectors Edition.

Anyone know if I'll be missing much?

With the Collector's Edition, you get the one foot tall dragon statue, a 200 page concept art book, and a making of DVD. Personally, I bought it because I'm very excited to see each of these things. But, it depends on how you value each of them. For me, paying $150 wasn't hard choice at all. Can't wait.

You'll prolly be able to find the "making of" dvd on the net eventually and you might be able to find a pdf of the art book online at some point. The statue and the sexy box it comes in are the only things you'll be missing. I got it, but as mentioned above it's 150 bucks, so I won't be getting another game for a while.

I don't think he's talking about the Collector's Edition of the game, but rather about the Collector's Edition of the game guide:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0307891402/theeldscrsky-20

Here's what Amazon's product description says:

• Free access to Prima's digital Skyrim map tool (a $15 value!). Featuring interactive, fully-searchable maps of Skyrim and all major locations so you can instantly find what you're looking for!

• Hardcover collector's edition includes a gatefold map of Skyrim and bound-in ribbon bookmarks so you can always find your way through this massive tome!

• 100% Complete! Walkthroughs of every story and side quest help guide you through the deep storyline; we cover all the choices that affect your game! Plus: labeled maps, combat training, character customization tips, and much more!

Both the normal and CE of the guide are 592 pages, no extra guide content - but one of the most apparent things is the digital map tool that you'll be given access to. I'm not so sure what makes the CE so cool besides the hard cover and ribbon bookmarks. But it's way cheaper on Amazon I've noticed - their price for the CE seems to be the normal price for the non-CE guide elsewhere.

Edited by natelovesyou

I don't think he's talking about the Collector's Edition of the game, but rather about the Collector's Edition of the game guide:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0307891402/theeldscrsky-20

Here's what Amazon's product description says:

• Free access to Prima's digital Skyrim map tool (a $15 value!). Featuring interactive, fully-searchable maps of Skyrim and all major locations so you can instantly find what you're looking for!

• Hardcover collector's edition includes a gatefold map of Skyrim and bound-in ribbon bookmarks so you can always find your way through this massive tome!

• 100% Complete! Walkthroughs of every story and side quest help guide you through the deep storyline; we cover all the choices that affect your game! Plus: labeled maps, combat training, character customization tips, and much more!

Both the normal and CE of the guide are 592 pages, no extra guide content - but one of the most apparent things is the digital map tool that you'll be given access to. I'm not so sure what makes the CE so cool besides the hard cover and ribbon bookmarks. But it's way cheaper on Amazon I've noticed - their price for the CE seems to be the normal price for the non-CE guide elsewhere.

Thanks mate, yea I was talking about the CE Game Guide. I already got the CE game.

Thanks mate, yea I was talking about the CE Game Guide. I already got the CE game.

You're welcome! Where did your dad pre-order the game guide from? Keep in mind that chances are, you can have the purchase cancelled or transferred to the CE game guide instead, all is not lost. It's only a little more on Amazon.

You're welcome! Where did your dad pre-order the game guide from? Keep in mind that chances are, you can have the purchase cancelled or transferred to the CE game guide instead, all is not lost. It's only a little more on Amazon.

I always get my games per-ordered from GameStop.

Edited by x722ism