I'm sorry, say wha?1?!

LeopoldCrank

I've had to start staying away from RPGCodex lately for this very reason. they were making me turn against Skyrim and I don't want that. I finally figured out that in their opinion every TES game except Daggerfall sucks, and there's some who think all of Bethesda's games suck. I may not have liked Oblivion as much as Morrowind, but I sill liked it, and I'm pretty sure I'll like Skyrim, too.

Think that's bad, hang around tabletop gamers: Some of the more zealous ones believe the entire concept of video games is a cancer and have nothing but contempt for people who want to kill monsters in a tabletop game instead of dress in costumes and talk in accents.

I got my start in 1983 playing tabletop Basic Dungeons and Dungeons, the red box set. So, almost 30 years ago I got my start as a gamer (Old lady gamer is old lol) and when I discovered it could be done on computers too, I jumped at it. No trying to get everyone together or find new players, no worrying about which gamer has an unsympathetic spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend and can't make it or play anymore, and so on.

I miss tabletop gaming at times, though. I never got into the live-action thing.

I've had to start staying away from RPGCodex lately for this very reason. they were making me turn against Skyrim and I don't want that. I finally figured out that in their opinion every TES game except Daggerfall sucks, and there's some who think all of Bethesda's games suck. I may not have liked Oblivion as much as Morrowind, but I sill liked it, and I'm pretty sure I'll like Skyrim, too.

Think that's bad, hang around tabletop gamers: Some of the more zealous ones believe the entire concept of video games is a cancer and have nothing but contempt for people who want to kill monsters in a tabletop game instead of dress in costumes and talk in accents.

I got my start in 1983 playing tabletop Basic Dungeons and Dungeons, the red box set. So, almost 30 years ago I got my start as a gamer (Old lady gamer is old lol) and when I discovered it could be done on computers too, I jumped at it. No trying to get everyone together or find new players, no worrying about which gamer has an unsympathetic spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend and can't make it or play anymore, and so on.

I miss tabletop gaming at times, though. I never got into the live-action thing.

My other half plays in the games I run, or we both play in anther's game, depending on who is running game that month :D

She prefers to play post apocalypse characters though that have a tendency to be good with cars, whereas I prefer fantasy settings >.<

That difference can be a bother sometimes lol

I can agree about live action, I never got into that. Some of my buddies wanted me to.. I couldn' help but think it was silly though.

Edited by Sepherose