Call me crazy but I want restrictions

NeclordX

thats if you really push it .. I think most people game like I game .. make a character .. decide a specialty .. play until I max out the stats I want then sit on my pile of loot and smile right before making a new character with a different goal for stats and story.

Restrictions with guilds I could probably bare, but with skills and perks I couldn't. But that's what the Elder Scrolls are about, the freedom to do what you want when you want. No restrictions. If I wanted that then I'd play call of duty or something. :thumbsup:

It makes sense, but you have 300+hrs of gameplay, I would personally want to be a warrior and if I chose to experiment with another class I can do so without starting a new character and then realizing after sometime that I didn't like it. It's easy and I guess some would say a cheat to be and do everything, but hey if you think about it a mage can also be a warrior, who said that they are only limited to magic? Magic may be their strong suit but they don't have to be limited by that. So if you think about the restrictions would completely make Skyrim fail what it's suppose to be. An Epic RPG where you can do and be what you want when you want.

If you only restricted yourself to one class for EX there probably wouldn't be 300+hrs of gameplay.

I disagree with the OP. In fact, Perks pisses me off because they ARE a limitation that I feel goes against the spirit of TES. I should be able to do it all given enough effort over hundreds of hours. And mods will make it happen.

Sorry about this stupid Q but what does OP stand for? :psyduck:

I disagree with the OP. In fact, Perks pisses me off because they ARE a limitation that I feel goes against the spirit of TES. I should be able to do it all given enough effort over hundreds of hours. And mods will make it happen.

Sorry about this stupid Q but what does OP stand for? :psyduck:

Opening Post??? I dunno.

Op=Original poster, original post, or, in some cases unrelated, overpowered (lolz)

The game is restricted, buddy. Perks can only be purchased when your character reaches a high enough level in that skill. There's also an effective limit on how many perks, because of leveling, that you can have on one character. So you will have to make more than one character to experience everything the game has to offer.

For most of the other stuff you talked about, have some self-restraint and just don't do those things. It sounds like you don't have the self control to not stick to archetype specific gameplay, but it wouldn't be fair to everyone else that wanted to experiment with cross-class gaming if they placed limits on what you could do. It's understandable, my older brother doesn't have enough self-restraint to not make super characters in Oblivion, but I definitely do. I've made just about every base class in D&D and some prestige classes to an extent. I didn't beat the game with all of them, I actually haven't beaten the game in all the years I've had it....