Racism in skyrim

Szablowskic2

I hope that racism plays a big role in Skyrim. It makes the world far more believable and interesting.

Agreed.

It's incredibly contrived and fake if everyone gets along in harmony.

There was racisim to some extent in Oblivion. It was mainly between the beast races and in particular the Countess of Leyawiin (who tortured Argonians.) However they didn't develop it that far.

Edited by Lord J

To be honest....

In real life, I don't accept racism under any circumstances whatsoever. In a video game, however, I won't mind as much, especially in a game like the Elder Scrolls where you have the majority of the races that don't exist. I'm not racist myself to any of the creatures (Not sure about favoritism though, lol. Which, c'mon, we all have. Some would rather play as an Argonian over, say, an Orc.), but it would be interesting to see this implemented among the population of Skyrim. Is that hypocrisy? Sure...perhaps. But we all play a game here that involves murder and blood shedding, and I know a lot of us here do not wish to practice this in real life, opposed to the pleasure of inside our game consoles/computers. Just a thought.

Edited by Keanumoreira

I hope that racism plays a big role in Skyrim. It makes the world far more believable and interesting.

Agreed.

It's incredibly contrived and fake if everyone gets along in harmony.

There was racisim to some extent in Oblivion. It was mainly between the beast races and in particular the Countess of Leyawiin (who tortured Argonians.) However they didn't develop it that far.

Exactly. Isn't that what a video game is about? The experience? It isn't real after all, it's not like we're actually harming real aspirations here. Unless the Earth-Simulation Theory is proven correct, then I don't see anything wrong with it really.

• 3 weeks later...

As long as its not directed at redgaurds i dont see why anyone would have a problem with racism in skyrim. I just hope its more like morrowind than oblivion.

The argonians only took morrowind because it was crippled, and they still didnt mess with the telvanni.

This 100%.

I want to prove myself worthy, being the race that I am, before those that would despise me!

(kinda like how I needed to prove myself as a dwarf, and especially as a dwarven woman, in DA. Dwarf society is quite... male dominated, to say the least.)

Edited by Lehcar

As long as its not directed at redgaurds i dont see why anyone would have a problem with racism in skyrim. I just hope its more like morrowind than oblivion.

The argonians only took morrowind because it was crippled, and they still didnt mess with the telvanni.

Don't cry the argonians will give you back morrowind.... When we're done with it!