Minecraft 1.8

RavveN

Hey guys ^_^

I have just started playing minecraft 1.8 version and i see that there is experience added ... Frankly i don't have problem with that but it get's really annoying when someone kills me and i totally lag out from all that exp. and i don't even know what is that exp for!? Am i getting older by getting exp? Am i getting stronger? I don't get it... Anyone?

P.S. Is there some good non-pvp server? :) Thanks!

-RavveN-

Hey guys ^_^

I have just started playing minecraft 1.8 version and i see that there is experience added ... Frankly i don't have problem with that but it get's really annoying when someone kills me and i totally lag out from all that exp. and i don't even know what is that exp for!? Am i getting older by getting exp? Am i getting stronger? I don't get it... Anyone?

P.S. Is there some good non-pvp server? :) Thanks!

-RavveN-

My friend has a good non-pvp server going atm. It randomly has downtime unfortunately, but all in all it is very good. We have multiple maps running at once in order for people to play creative or survival. For the xp, it currently has no purpose. Supposedly, when 1.10 (yes it isn't going to 2 for some reason) it should have a purpose. Until that point, just ignore it.

Been awhile since I played minecraft. I don't even have it installed on my new PC yet. The weather included on a previous patch made the game completely unstable and get lower FPS on my older rig, shouldn't any problems running it on my new PC though.

Any reason to upgrade to 1.8? I'm one of those who waits for all the mods I use to get updated before I go to the new update.

Edited by crimsonblade1

PvP in minecraft? Seriously? I can understand some random dickery for the sake of lols... but a server for it just seems... well... silly.

Minecraft just is not a PvP kinda game. There are many other, more fun games you can kill your friends on that have better mechanics and systems for combat than Minecraft. Some of them even free.

Been awhile since I played minecraft. I don't even have it installed on my new PC yet. The weather included on a previous patch made the game completely unstable and get lower FPS on my older rig, shouldn't any problems running it on my new PC though.

Any reason to upgrade to 1.8? I'm one of those who waits for all the mods I use to get updated before I go to the new update.

1.8 pretty much altered the game in a ridiculous amount of ways. New biomes, improved survival, sprint, CREATIVE MODE, etc. A decent amount of mods have updated since then. Bukkit works now if you use server mods, my friend must have at least 6 going right now(6 mods not servers :tongue:). I would recommend upgrading haha.

PvP in minecraft? Seriously? I can understand some random dickery for the sake of lols... but a server for it just seems... well... silly.

Minecraft just is not a PvP kinda game. There are many other, more fun games you can kill your friends on that have better mechanics and systems for combat than Minecraft. Some of them even free.

I hate PvP in every game :) I love co-op and i think this is actually made for co-op ^__^ Sooo Yeaaaa! :D

Edited by RavveN

• 2 weeks later...