screen recording software?

TheMysteriousTraveler

I going to make youtube vids for skyrim including charecter creation and walkthroughs but i need recording software to record what im doing in the game. I have the trial version of fraps but with the trial u can only record for 30 seconds and i dont want to buy the full $40 version. So, is there an alternate to fraps? Hypercam doesnt quite cut it aswell....

Sorry but i dont know were else to put this.....

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

I record videos too but before I started recording during my search for free recording software all I could find was the trial version of fraps. Maybe if you search better than I did then you would find one but there are no guarantees that it will be any good compared to the ones you pay for. If you have the money then just buy fraps and if you don't then keep looking.

Or i have to put up with pressing record again every 30 secs :(

Windows media encoder works. You can capture anything you run on your monitor. Very low system usage too. So you won't encounter much lag caused by programs like fraps. It's not as user friendly as fraps but once you understand, it's a far better tool. Might be a little hard to find... I think they took it down and made a pay version. Just google around for windows media encoder 9(I think). Edited by SHIROryuu

i used to use pinical studio for stuff like this before i got my HD PVR and it worked just fine, im sure theres a free version of that but if its no use then just get the pirate copy of pinical studios off a torrent site

Windows media encoder works. You can capture anything you run on your monitor. Very low system usage too. So you won't encounter much lag caused by programs like fraps. It's not as user friendly as fraps but once you understand, it's a far better tool. Might be a little hard to find... I think they took it down and made a pay version. Just google around for windows media encoder 9(I think).

Uhhhh okay, i'll look into it...