Built in Modmanager?

Ringmonkey84

Hasn't the game always come with a built in mod manager? Idk what you are all talking about. If you only want to use a few esps you can do so rght out the box. If I remember correctly.

cause it doesn't handle removing the data files when you uninstall which can sometimes cause bugs and visual glitches .. so I think what they mean is a better mod manager like the ones the modding community makes .. if you install as many mods as I do and don't have a quick easy way of removing the data files then you can end up with a lot of annoying work to do.

Yeah, it has a page where you can select what mods you want to use, but that's all. You can't change the load order or do anything else with it, though. If you want to really get in and mod your game, OBMM is just about a requirement (unless you like your mods not working properly). If you want to get into advanced modding, Wrye Bash is a must. It's got an ass load of tools and functions that simply make the process doable and easy. They also have their own mod packing tools to conveniently pass large mod sets back and forth over the Nexus.

So pretty much, if you mod the game as heavy as some of us do, you'll probably want some sort of mod manager.

That's why it seems silly to want a better built in mod manager. There's already a basicc one you can use for a few small mods. If you want to do more OBMM is really easy to use, as are editing tools. Personally I don't find much use for Wrye Bash but then again I tend to stay away from mods which are excessively heavy, and usually imbalance the game or cause instability like overhauls.