Update Facegen Model Availability Bugged

LuciusConfucius

So I duplicated/copied some helmets just to lower their stats, but they appeared sideways. I searched and found that Update Facegen Model Availability would fix this problems, it did not, AND it caused several new problems.

As I went in game to see if it fixed the sideways helmet problem, I noticed that "vanilla" helmets had been turned sideways and it did not fix the initial problem either.

Helmets such as the once the NCR troopers wear were sideways.

For clarification:

I have a mod that adds some helmets, the original helmets from that mod is okey, but when i copied those helmets the copies turned sideways but the original stayed ok.

Therefore I loaded the geck and went under the Character menu and hit the "Update Facegen Model Availability" as that is what I read would fix the problem, but now a lot of other helmets are sideways including the onces I tried to fix.

Anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it?

I tried do a search, but could not find an answer.

Please help me someone! :O

You have to use FNVedit and make some changes to your esp there.

Here's your answer on this page: click HERE.

Thanks! But there seem to still be some problems. :wallbash:

I tried this and it does seem to work with some of the helmets, but the once that it works with is missing their texture and the once that remains sideways keep their texture.

You have to use FNVedit and make some changes to your esp there.

Here's your answer on this page: click HERE.

Thanks! But there seem to still be some problems. :wallbash:

I tried this and it does seem to work with some of the helmets, but the once that it works with is missing their texture and the once that remains sideways keep their texture.

send me the esp and files if you like, and I'll take a look.

send me the esp and files if you like, and I'll take a look.

Alright, the file is quiet big, but I'm sending you all of it. It's basically a couple of mods bunched together into one esp.

One mod that I ported from fallout 3 that contains the helmets.

2 mods from New Vegas Nexus, and another mod I made myself.

Therefore the prefixes are a bit different.

They are:

Commander

EB1

1EB

2EB

3EB

It's the 2142 one where the helmets are at, I basically copied the original helmets and but a 2 after their names.

I also use New Vegas Script Extender when editing the file in GECK, just so you know.

I included one esp where I didn't add the Facegen Model Flags and the helmets are sideways. Name is EB2(notchanged).esp

And one esp where I added the Facegen Model Flags fix, where some helmets are sideways and some correct, and some missing texture. Name is EB2.esp

To test it ingame just hit G and call down a vertibird and take out some troopers and heavy troopers.

Here is the file at around 80mb:

http://www.2shared.com/file/wTgSe80a/EB2.html

Thanks a lot for helping me out!

Edited by Vincente Valtieri

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

I'm having the same problem rn. I'm trying to port the level 5 suit helmet from dead space into the game and it just shows up sideways and 6 feet away. Used the FNVedit fix so the helmet isn't sideways anymore but still 6 feet away from the character and badly placed. Any one who can link me to a decent tutorial of adding helmets to the game would be great appreciated.

Please see the "FaceGen Heads Faces Hairs and Helmets", "Custom items", and "Armor and Clothes" sections of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

Note the date of the previous post, and see the Nexus "Terms of Service" about not resurrecting old threads. The primary reason is that the original thread participants are seldom still around, and it is unlikely that you have exactly the same setup. Details matter. Unsolved problems are usually due to vague descriptions of symptoms without any underlying details. And unless you are providing a definitive solution or significant new solid leads towards such a solution, it does not justify resurrecting an old thread. Even in the latter case you are better off starting your own thread and providing all the details requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent