First character advice/what's new?

CalibanX

Another aspect I'll be curious to see in Skyrim is if Magic can be offensively wielded while in third person. I prefer to play in third person as I like to see my character & their outfits and combat moves. In Oblivion when I played characters that focused on Archery or Destruction I'd have to switch to first person because it was too difficult to aim at targets in third person. This is another concern I have about blending Magic with Melee: will doing so force me to be constantly clicking back and forth between third & first person views (third person for melee combat/first person for ranged)? Ideally, I'd like to be able to do everything effectively in third person that you would in first.

Another aspect I'll be curious to see in Skyrim is if Magic can be offensively wielded while in third person. I prefer to play in third person as I like to see my character & their outfits and combat moves. In Oblivion when I played characters that focused on Archery or Destruction I'd have to switch to first person because it was too difficult to aim at targets in third person. This is another concern I have about blending Magic with Melee: will doing so force me to be constantly clicking back and forth between third & first person views (third person for melee combat/first person for ranged)? Ideally, I'd like to be able to do everything effectively in third person that you would in first.

Yeah, I agree with this. I also preferred to play in 3rd person in Oblivion, and the fact that I almost always played as an archer made it all pretty complicated since I had to switch to 1st person when I wanted to aim and shoot. I hope they add some sort of crosshair while in 3rd person which will allow you to aim the same way you'd aim in 1st person.