Xbox 360 Controller-Capable CONFIRMED.

Stormcrown

For those who care, and I'm not sure if many people do, Gstaff on the official forums confirmed that you will be able to use an xbox 360 controller on the pc with Skyrim.

SOURCE

I would like to ask: is it possible to add a playstation controller to a PC? I have no intention of starting a xbox vs ps3 war here, I personally just happen to be more comfertable with a PS3 controller from those times I've been playing by my friends house...

Or if there is some other alternative. It's the linup of the left side of the xbox controller that I happen to be annoyed with.

If you have the latest Motioninjoy drivers and utility, you can set the computer to recognize your Dualshock as an Xbox 360 controller, then you should be able to play Skyrim like that perfectly.

Here is a link to the program he speaks of.

CLICKY

Edited by Stormcrown

I am a PC gamer to the core but when it comes to Elder Scrolls games I do like to lean back with a controller so I am glad to hear this. I hope it will be sensitive to thumbsticks though and allow a varied running speed depending on how much you press the stick down rather than just run or walk. When sneaking I like to be able to have a bit of a trot rather than "slow as hell" or "full sprint". Edited by NAPALM13092

Well it was kinda expected as previous titles by Bethesda supported controllers but the official confirmation hopefully means it won't be an after thought this time around. With previous releases they never said anything about it and you could tell it was just a tacked on feature.

F3 played with the 360 remote exactly like the console version .. it wasn't "tacked on"... the UI changed and everything

Really? I never tried it for Fallout 3 but I remember Oblivion wouldn't play well for me so I only assumed.

That would be perfect for me if I had a PC. I only have a laptop. There are so many things you can do with games on the PC. I just wish I could experience them.

All y'all are lucky. :psyduck:

I would like to ask: is it possible to add a playstation controller to a PC? I have no intention of starting a xbox vs ps3 war here, I personally just happen to be more comfertable with a PS3 controller from those times I've been playing by my friends house...

Or if there is some other alternative. It's the linup of the left side of the xbox controller that I happen to be annoyed with.

Edited by amycus

It is possible to connect your ps3 controller via bluetooth or USB but it will appear as a standart gamecontroller and you have to configure buttons by yourself. The Xbox controller has the advantage, that the buttons are pre defined just like on the XBox and the UI will show which button you need to press just like on the Xbox. I bought a controller myself even if i doesnt got a xbox just because its very comfortable to use. I just played Warhammer 40k space marines, deus ex, operation flashpoint 2, Fallout and many other Games with it. The Controller has really paid off.

Edited by thediddy